Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of an electrical panel model s4242b3150. I am in the LA area and I need it ASAP. I can go pick it anywhere in the surrounding areas. Please help. I need it today!!! New condition. I've tried electrical supplies but takes a while to order. I know it might be a long shot but if anybody has one laying around please sell it to me. I need it now!!! Please please.

·
Super Moderator
11,969 Posts
:blink: Why do you need that exact panel? If it's a change out, why not find a similar one and adapt a little. Just curious.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't have to me Siemens. I just need the other specs to be as it is on the plans. The inspector is giving me crap about it. So I need it to be almost exact to have my inspection pass. Do you have it? :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I've tried those places but the only thing is that they don't have it available at the moment and it would take until next week to get it and, honestly, I need it like right now to have it installed tomorrow/sunday. I guess I don't care what model it is as long as it is 3phase, 42 circuit, 150 amp main breaker, 42 space. Do you know of any place that might have it in stock and is open tomorrow?

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,070 Posts
It doesn't have to me Siemens. I just need the other specs to be as it is on the plans. The inspector is giving me crap about it. So I need it to be almost exact to have my inspection pass. Do you have it? :)
Ask for a Code reference. ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,969 Posts
Ok. I've tried those places but the only thing is that they don't have it available at the moment and it would take until next week to get it and, honestly, I need it like right now to have it installed tomorrow/sunday. I guess I don't care what model it is as long as it is 3phase, 42 circuit, 150 amp main breaker, 42 space. Do you know of any place that might have it in stock and is open tomorrow?
Sorry, no. Since it's 3 phase even the box stores won't be of any help either. (They don't carry 3p breakers either)

Cant you pick one up at the local supply house on Monday?

Why the urgency? Penalty clause? Scheduled inspection cancellation fee?

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
Wow.. a commercial panel that's only available from a supply house and you need it on a Saturday. That's a very tall order but I think that there is someone who can help.

Call Graybar at 1-800-472-9227. That is their after hours/24-hour emergency number. My advice would be to call as soon as you read this post.

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
Why would one need a 3-phase panel "TODAY"???
And why would replacing a panel be a surprise to get a job failed??

Something sounds fishy. I wonder what the outcome was.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Because the electrician installed the wrong panel and when I had my inspection, of course it didn't pass. But got the panel, installed it and pass my final inspection. But thanks all for your replies

1 - 17 of 17 Posts