Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
removing old "popcorn" ceiling, & re-texturing it(probably knockdown), & painting.
it's 500 sq.ft.
& i need the square ft. price, not time & materials.
thanks.

&, oh yeah, this is assuming tests come back negative for asbestos.

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
removing old "popcorn" ceiling, & re-texturing it(probably knockdown), & painting.
it's 500 sq.ft.
& i need the square ft. price, not time & materials.
thanks.

&, oh yeah, this is assuming tests come back negative for asbestos.

Marshall, you are going to find that asking a "How Much" question as your first post is not going to go very well.

You need to post a proper introduction and hang around awhile.
Oh, and you will never get an answer to a "how much" question....ever!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Marshall, you are going to find that asking a "How Much" question as your first post is not going to go very well.

You need to post a proper introduction and hang around awhile.
Oh, and you will never get an answer to a "how much" question....ever!!
okie dokie.
just trying to get a li'l help in giving a customer a quote to try and get some business in these tough times.
I've been painting for 26 years & have branched out to handy man & remodeling.
I've done the work before many times, in various stages, but it was always working for someone on an hourly wage.
my drywall guy gave me a price to do the texture for $200.
as i'm aware that the bulk of the work is the prep, removal, etc. i was just trying to get a ballpark on the complete square ft. price.
but, i guess by your post(s) i'm wasting my time here.
here's a free tip from me, the n00b. get over yourselves.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Take your time and material and add it up, then divide by the square footage of the project. Theres your square foot price. Every job varies, so how would you have a set in stone number? :no:

okie dokie.
just trying to get a li'l help in giving a customer a quote to try and get some business in these tough times.
I've been painting for 26 years & have branched out to handy man & remodeling.
I've done the work before many times, in various stages, but it was always working for someone on an hourly wage.
my drywall guy gave me a price to do the texture for $200.
as i'm aware that the bulk of the work is the prep, removal, etc. i was just trying to get a ballpark on the complete square ft. price.
but, i guess by your post(s) i'm wasting my time here.
here's a free tip from me, the n00b. get over yourselves.

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
Tree Turdy?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Why does a person that thinks he is a "contractor" need help with something he should know what his direct cost would be to do the work? After all that is just a matter of determining what he needs for other costs and profit. Formulas are a poor substitute for experience and "pricing" factors.

It sounds like a person that cannot separate himself from the DIY world and be a serious real contractor. - There are many around like that.

Estimating and evaluating a project is the backbone of being a contractor, both big and small. Unfortunately, the record keeping and bookkeeping comes is a distant second for many.

Reactions: nEighter

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Reactions: nEighter
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.