Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mobile Sandblasting
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I might add an abrasive cut off to the electric set up I jut put together. Anybody got a pic of how it is set up? I know I will need to run another 12v valve. I am just trying to understand how its plumbed and works.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
Kill,
Here is a picture of what I tried to do for a cut off to the grit.
It did not work, but Todd tried it to and it still didn’t work.
Benny uses this set up without on problems.
The grit shut off is normally cloesed, not letting grit go by. And when the trigger is off there is no air in the line.
I put a ¼ ball valve to shut off the air to the grit valve. Not letting air get to it. (and we shut it off when there is no air to it.) when turning on, This allows just the air to come on.
The problem we are facing is, trigger is off, no air to valves. All are normally shut off.
When you shut the ¼ valve for the air to the grit. The tank psi blows by the finger that is normally closed,
and the hose comes alive (with little psi) but enough to scare ya at first.
We are still trying to figure out why this happens.
It is an upgrade from Marco’s design and I can’t call them because it will void the warranty.
Here is a picture. Maybe you can come up with something?

Attachments

·
Mobile Sandblasting
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will have to take the Tee off of the auto valve and put it on the out of your 12v valve you currently have. Only one line will come out of the auto valve and it goes on the new Tee to the bottom of the existing 12v. Now you need to mount another 12v valve and run a line from the thompson valve to the it, and back out onto the Tee you put onto your existing valve. Electric will continue down you existing power line but you need to use your the third wire in the set up as another hot wire. Wire a switch in line somewhere near your Remote handle and there you go. I know lots of bla bla bla but it seems to be the only way to properly do it.

Hope the diagram makes since.

Attachments

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
I think that will work.
in short term, your going to put a 12v elect shut off in place of my manuel 1/4 shut off, and run a wire to the triger to opperate it from the trigger.

good Idea.

if you do this, please once again, let us know how it goes.

If been blasting for over 14 years and I still love to see people try new things...

love this site.. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts