3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know one?

·
Super Moderator
23,797 Posts
I think you mean a Certified Welder.

Then certified as to what?

Call the fabrication shops or the mobile welders and tell them what you need welded and see if they have the cert for it.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
41,076 Posts
griz said:
I think you mean a Certified Welder. Then certified as to what? Call the fabrication shops or the mobile welders and tell them what you need welded and see if they have the cert for it.
I think there is two different classifications, a licensed welding contractor and a certified welder can be two different things. I believe a licensed welder, licensed with the CSLB has to be certified, but a certified welded doesn't necessarily need a licensed. If he's going to the job-site I believe he needs a contractors license. I could be wrong, as I am most of the time.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need a licensed welding contractor. Someone we can hire as a sub.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I think what Griz is saying, certified for what? There are several different certifications. Tig, mig, stick, different sized electrodes, different material, plate thickness, positions, structural, pipe, underwater and many more.

Certifications do not last forever. Typically each job requires a new certification or if you have a work log of continuos wedding at same company will usually be ok too.

Sorry Griz did not mean to speak for you, so if you meant something else just tell me to shut it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts