Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In September of 2008 we recieved a call from a past customer - "the wife wants a new kitchen". We started design in October - started demo in January and turned the keys over in May.

What's unique about this story is that we remodeled the kitchen 15 years ago - a light remod appliances, countertops, splash...

This is the first time we tore-out our own work! Man good construction demos easy. :thumbsup:

We removed a $60K kitchen and installed a $440K kitchen!

The kitchen is being photo'd next week and may have a spot in our local designer mag. this fall.

I'll post some B4 and afters when they are available.

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
Wow, Id like to see this kitchen. I did some work on a house last week that probably had a 150k kitchen if not more.

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
I would love to see some pics of a $440K kitchen.
Me Too!

I own a $440 kitchen....maybe $4400 if I throw in the appliances....well....must sell $2500:laughing:

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
I hate working on places like a 400k kitchen. Im always afraid of breaking something thats costs $80,000 to fix.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
A 440K kitchen? Am I reading that right? $440,000.00?
OMG-I did an $80K kitchen and I thought they pulled out all the stops.

Need pictures!!!!!!
:eek:

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
A 440K kitchen? Am I reading that right? $440,000.00?
OMG-I did an $80K kitchen and I thought they pulled out all the stops.

Need pictures!!!!!!
:eek:
Thats what happens when you hire those $10hr guys. They dont know what they are doing so it takes them forever to finish.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea, if they can spend that much on a kitchen they probably don't even cook.
Steve
That's very true.

Building a house right now that has two kitchens. One in the basement for the "Staff" which is huge, and the one upstairs which will be in that price range as well.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
That's very true.

Building a house right now that has two kitchens. One in the basement for the "Staff" which is huge, and the one upstairs which will be in that price range as well.

Can't wait to see the pictures.
The house I just worked on has 2 kitchens, one was called a spill over kitchen. You wouldnt think 2 gay guys would have to have a house with 2 kitchens. And they are only there 2 days a week.

When we originally built our house, it cost us $40,000 total.:w00t:
When my grandpa built this house in 1960 he paid $7,000 for the 10 acre lot and around $20,000 to build the house.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts