Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure this is the right thread for this rant but heres the situation,
I play a little music with some friends from time to time. Don't do the bar thing anymore. Mostly we just get together at one place or the other and jam.

One of the guys in our little music circle works for a contractor who uses a lot of illegal help.
This "contractor" has even gone to Ca to bring back some Mexicans to work for him. He has a pretty good business around here, gets most of the town work on sidewalks, driveways etc.(low bidder) All that is good and fine. He has his ethics and I have mine, thats not my bi-otch.

I get the news that he wants us to come play for his Christmas party. Their going to b-bq a pig (or maybe a goat) and have a bunch of beer and just fiesta their arsses off.

Now I'm feeling a little guilt because I don't want to help out some scum beech that is cutting my and everybody else's throat with his brown army. I also don't want to let my buddies down and not show for a gig. Not to mention I could use a little extra Christmas cash.

Then comes the part that just scalds my rectum. I'm trying to justify playing up to this dude by thinking its just a job, go play some tunes,make a little lick. How much is he paying anyway?

The guy says "Paying??":blink:
"He's going to have BBQ and beer."
"He hasn't made a whole lot this year, He's not even giving a Christmas bonus, blaa blaa blaa"

I laughed at him. Told em they could count me out. I'm not helping out this a$$hole. Tell him to let his Mexicans play for him.
I can't believe the nerve of some people. I can't believe how my buddy is kissing this guys butt either.
Man, you think you know people.:rolleyes:

·
Don't Eat Yellow Snow!
401 Posts
Why not go play his gig,eat his pig, drink too much of his beer an sing him some special songs like;
You got your wife off Craigslist!
Im an a ileagel Mexican
Your a low biding scum.
Im sure you could make up some more lol
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not go play his gig,eat his pig, drink too much of his beer an sing him some special songs like;
Im an a ileagel Mexican
Your a low biding scum.
Cheers
Dave
I thought about that except with tequila and a sombrero. :shifty:

I like the Faa Q on the gables. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
538 Posts
Im an a ileagel Mexican
Your a low biding scum.
Cheers
Dave
oh man you could really take this places if you do the gig. play nothing but pro american songs, that have a hint of kicking the illegals out. right? RIGHT?! RIGHT GUYS?!!?!?!? :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I hate Toby Keith, but his "american ride" song would be perfect.

Winter's gettin' colder, summer's gettin' warmer.
Tidal wave comin' 'cross the Mexican border.
Why buy a gallon, it's cheaper by the barrel.
Just dont be busted singin' Christmas carols.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts