Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going on 36 hours of no sleep. still working. i did the carpet at 1:30am today with a friend of mine. then had a girl come over and got no sleep, then went back at workin with my buddy. still working. im about to drop dead.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
There's a member here with nick "Work-a-holic", where is he now?.. Ask him how's he doing now, he has been... ehausted constantly 24/7 himself!!! :laughing: No can't seen.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
When i worked Corrections it wasnt uncommon to work 82-90 hrs a week, drive 10-12hrs a week to/from work and then work on the side too. But man will that drain you. I once stayed awake for about 50hrs and i worked at least 42 hrs of it, when i finally went to bed i slept through a whole day. It was the first time in my life when i totally missed a whole day and couldnt account for anything of it. I must say it is definitly bad for your health, i know i could feel it.

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you know if you just take 8 hours to sleep your productivity will probally be more then double not to mention your quality.
well if i had gone to bed at 2 after the carpet i would of been fine. but then this girl wanted to come over, what was i suppose to say "no, i'll take care of it tonight." :laughing:

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
I know the feeling.. they want to come over and you have SERIOUS priorities you have to think about.. dirty leg.. or sleep.. you always choose the dirty leg and about 10am the next day feel perplexed and wonder if you should have chose that over the other.. been there many a times.. or hit it once and have to turn down the second time because you HAVE to get that remaining 2 hrs sleep.. :laughing:

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
Some times I think of all the stuff I could get done if I never sleep.

One guy I knew who worked for a farmer worked for him 24hrs a day while making cider. He had it all timed where he would sleep on his breaks for like 15min.

About a year ago after I had surgury on my broken collar bone I got a flesh eating bacteria in my throat. Because of the broken bones I had to sleep sitting in a chair so I was only getting like 2 hours of sleep a day if that. When my throat got realy bad I didnt sleep for 4 day straight. I couldnt swallow so my throat was dry so my mouth was watering. I had to spit every 5 seconds into a cup. For 4 days I didnt sleep or eat. The last day was the worst. I was so tired I would pass out then my mouth would fill up with spit and I would wake up after about 1min choking and spitting rotten throat skin all over myself. Then throw the pain I had in my throat in on top of all that plus the pain of 2 broken vertibre and a collar bone that exploded with a metal plate screwed to it. The 4th day I was thinking this is probably why people commit suicide.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Pain is just weakness leaving the body. As for the sleep issue? You can get all the sleep you want when you are dead. Carry on Gentlemen.;)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Pain is just weakness leaving the body. As for the sleep issue? You can get all the sleep you want when you are dead. Carry on Gentlemen.;)
Spoken like a true solider.

I have heard it many times before.

Hooahh!
:tank:

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With that little sleep judgement becomes impaired, its almost like beer goggles, so we cant trust his word on fugliness at this point.
fear not my word, however fear the prettiness of this girl. when she left i head back inside and looked at my buddy who was just waking up on the couch and i said to him "thats what you call dragon slaying my friend"

but wow did that dragon make me feel good :laughing:

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
I watched a show on those alaskan crab fisherman and they go over a week with no sleep. Then eat like 20lbs of fatty foods a day to make up for the sleep. I guess when you dont sleep your body burns tons of fat for energy.

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i told myself this 900 times when i broke my collar bone in 3 places, all the tissue holding my organs separated, i tore all the muscles in my shoulder and right half of my torso, and tore the muscles in the right side of my neck. it didnt work. and yes this was all at once. i went over the bars on my dirt bike going about 40.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts