Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Remodel
30,204 Posts
Some of the big old brushes had a lead weight as the end of the handle to help balance the brush when it was loaded. I liked the feel of those.

·
Punching above his weight
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The old cave paintings always give me goose bumps. So much time and man is just one little thumbnail of it. Puts you in your place.
What always took me was the amount of work that went into the paintings.

This was something that they took extremely seriously and really practiced on. Some of the animal studies are literally 10's of thousands of years ahead of their time. They had better senses of scale, movement, and expression than man would have for thousands of years later.
I consider them to be true masters equal to any great painter or sculptor in history.
The Herzog doc is great because it gets into tracking the individual artists through their hand prints. You get to see where they walked, in what order they did their work, etc. Very nice detail.

I could talk about this stuff all day.

·
Read Only
16,993 Posts
What always took me was the amount of work that went into the paintings....
I consider them to be true masters equal to any great painter or sculptor in history.

I could talk about this stuff all day.
Agreed. The pic I posted - if we stuck some 17, 18, 19 or 20th century famous name on it - it'd be hanging in the Louvre with waiting lines like at Disney.

...and the bastich that painted it didn't even have a flvcking candle.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts