Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Punching above his weight
12,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For free. :thumbsup:

I gotta say though.... I don't know man.

The construction is awesome. The thick rubber bottom is great. Feels sturdy. Great handle. Solid, easy to carry. All that is great.

As a carpenter though, this thing is virtually useless. I don't know if this model was specifically built for an electrician or not, but it holds pliers and screwdrivers wonderfully, as well as 12V drills. The pockets are all wrong for most carpentry tools though.

So wait, why am I making this thread?

1. If you're a carpenter thinking of dropping $100+ on a Veto OT-LC, I would urge you to consider an XL instead.

2. If you are a carpenter that uses an OT-LC and loves it, please photograph your setup so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

3. If you're an electrician in NJ that bought an XL and wish you had bought an OT-LC, get at me and we'll make this happen.

·
GC/carpenter
43,850 Posts
Easy Gibson said:
For free. :thumbsup: I gotta say though.... I don't know man. The construction is awesome. The thick rubber bottom is great. Feels sturdy. Great handle. Solid, easy to carry. All that is great. As a carpenter though, this thing is virtually useless. I don't know if this model was specifically built for an electrician or not, but it holds pliers and screwdrivers wonderfully, as well as 12V drills. The pockets are all wrong for most carpentry tools though. So wait, why am I making this thread? 1. If you're a carpenter thinking of dropping $100+ on a Veto OT-LC, I would urge you to consider an XL instead. 2. If you are a carpenter that uses an OT-LC and loves it, please photograph your setup so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. 3. If you're an electrician in NJ that bought an XL and wish you had bought an OT-LC, get at me and we'll make this happen.
Now you have me looking up these whatever they are.

·
Super Moderator
28,798 Posts
Got any pics?

Im still tempted to buy an Oxy Dr. Wood. It seems like a dumb azz thing to drop 5 bills on, and screams "STEAL ME", but I am still tempted. Love my Oxy nail bags.

Reactions: Metro M & L

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I have the XL with the zip up sides. One side of it is dedicated to siding tools, snips, nail sets, punches, etc. The other side holds screwdrivers and assorted pliers. It's not perfect, but it's the best bag I've had so far.

·
GC/carpenter
43,850 Posts
Jaws said:
Got any pics? Im still tempted to buy an Oxy Dr. Wood. It seems like a dumb azz thing to drop 5 bills on, and screams "STEAL ME", but I am still tempted. Love my Oxy nail bags.
I keep eyeing that bag too. It's a nice setup. Go a head a buy it John, and give us a review. :thumbsup:

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
I compared thia vs the ox stronghold for a long time. It holds more and costs a fifth as much. I have all clc bags anyway...if there were more oxy bags I would go that route but their selection is limited.

Electric generator Auto part Engine Vehicle Machine

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have the veto xxl-f and its an inch too short for files and combination squares, real disadvantage if you want my opinion.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

The construction is awesome. The thick rubber bottom is great. Feels sturdy. Great handle. Solid, easy to carry. All that is great.

As a carpenter though, this thing is virtually useless. I don't know if this model was specifically built for an electrician or not, but it holds pliers and screwdrivers wonderfully, as well as 12V drills. The pockets are all wrong for most carpentry tools though.

1. If you're a carpenter thinking of dropping $100+ on a Veto OT-LC, I would urge you to consider an XL instead.

2. If you are a carpenter that uses an OT-LC and loves it, please photograph your setup so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

3. If you're an electrician in NJ that bought an XL and wish you had bought an OT-LC, get at me and we'll make this happen.
I have 3 of OT XL, they suck. Free is a good price tough.

·
Registered
324 Posts

I would think the OT-XXL or the XXL-F would be better suited for carpentry.

I compared thia vs the ox stronghold for a long time. It holds more and costs a fifth as much. I have all clc bags anyway...if there were more oxy bags I would go that route but their selection is limited.

View attachment 103586
That looks nice...it actually has usable storage pockets. I love these bags that have "pockets" that you can only fit a flat ruler in.

I think I have the XL
Mine is the XL (pics below). Yours is the OT-XXL.

I have 3 of OT XL, they suck. Free is a good price tough.
You should put one in the Classifieds section. Somebody in TX might be interested. :)

This is my XL. Love it:

Attachments

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
i have the veto- L.. a few pockets have been cut out in order to fit some larger items but other than that its going strong after 6 years. it carries my interior trim hand tools

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
So why is a bag better than a bucket? Other than
It costs more and it's fun to buy new tools? :)
Somebody mentioned easier on your back but how? Does the layout just work better? Nicer pockets?

·
Registered
324 Posts
So why is a bag better than a bucket? Other than
It costs more and it's fun to buy new tools? :)
Somebody mentioned easier on your back but how? Does the layout just work better? Nicer pockets?
Mine just sits in my truck, I don't take it out. I just grab the various tools I need and throw them into a bag with tools from other parts of my truck. The bag stores nicely in my truck and every tool is easy and fast to find. I primarily purchased it for it's organizational benefits.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts