Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Design Build
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My insurance agent called me last week to inform me that my rates were going up due to some water damage lawsuit that is going on somewhere in WA state against a couple of builders who built some structures that have leaked or whatever. I'm not entirely sure how that becomes my problem, but that is the latest story they are using to squeeze more $$$ from us contractors.

I say, okay, whatever (all I heard was cost increase) So I ask him to get me the paperwork and I'd take care of it.

Well today, my wife calls and says that the state has suspended my license because my insurance has lapsed. :w00t:

(&^$&^%*&*^(*&^%$^#@#$ :censored::furious:) I am seriously pissed.:gun_bandana:

I get the guy's voicemail. I was calm but firm. He finally called my wife back and said he had the policy on his desk...it was never mailed out.:eek:

I found a better guy to do business with. This guy is toast.

Now I also have to pay an additional $54 to reactivate my license. So for the next 24 hours, y'all can legitimately take a shot and hit me with the "hack" moniker.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Man i hate dealing with incompetant people, since you do not have insurance for the next 24hrs, you are banned from CT, send us your insurance certificate when you get it, and we will reinstate you to your original good CT standing:jester:. GMOD.

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
is there some sort of insurance regulatory board in your state?pop a letter off to them, saying you want your money back, and also the "restraint of trade" fees that you lost. I mean, you lost, what? 2k? 5K? in potential business?

it might be worth a stamp anyway.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
You can only hang around the HD parking lot until you prove your worthiness.
No signed truck, tools, not even a lunch bucket. Maybe a cardboard sign, thats it. And you better run when somebody pulls over too, no dilley dalley silly sally.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
well, I guess I'm gone now. I let mine lapse and will not reinstate until the economy dictates or I relocate.

See you all around...maybe

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You should move to Florida. Nobody would care about a license there.

Good Luck
Dave
No thanks we have enough of you F:censored:King Yankees!:eek: :laughing:

Oh yeah as rwa said Do you speak espanol? or spanglish? if not stay towards the nothern end of our state.

Just keep in mind we feed hacks to the gators chained up in our back yards!:shutup::laughing:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Thats exactly what I would do Wall, get rid of that guy! I knew in all those pics you posted the work looked a little shakey:whistling JK:laughing:

Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
Please post what jobs you are capable of on craigslist, ask to only be contacted by email and post the cheapskates responses here.

I have been thinking about doing that.

Let me guess you have never had a claim in your policy but it just keeps going up and up and up. Right?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
No thanks we have enough of you F:censored:King Yankees!:eek:

Go hang some Chinese drywall.

What the heck happened???? I see double. Still shouldn't be messing with us yanks. :laughing:
Yeah not in my neck of the woods bubs.:eek::laughing:

Seriously though my freind's freind's house down south is involved in a law suit so I heard the inside scoop as to how it came about.:no:

F'd up that's for sure!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts