·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only noticed that since I posted it. It was revised sometime today. The hours won't bother me if the price works out. My 792 John Deere has way over 10k hours.

The 331 would be about ideal for a lot of the work we do. I would far rather have a zero tail machine, but.......looks like the average price on one of these is running 14k, but the ones I find listed don't seem to be selling.

·
Dig with BIG TOYS
133 Posts
zero tail is deffinitley the way to go... bobcat of NY let me take there 435 on a trenching job where i had to dig the dirt away from the foundation in order to repair it... man working without having to worry about tail swing is a big plus in my book

·
Registered
272 Posts
Its quite a few hours but if you dont mind a little slop in the joints it would make a servicable machine. track motor price seems high. I had a track motor replaced on my T200 at the bobcat dealership for a little over 1800 bucks.... I'm sure they are different motors but that just seems high.... Paul

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140326313949&_trkparms=tab=Watching

I am going to get a mini ex, and this one appeared, a few hundred miles away. The track motor will cost $2400 plus shipping (not from Bobcat).....so what do you think? Make an offer? :whistling
If you can't feel it, touch it, inspect it, it's just too risky. Plus the seller only has a 128. I have personally sold things off ebay but rarely do I buy off there:whistling. I would much rather buy from an ebay store--more protections in place. Good Luck;)

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I probably would not assume that the owner kept the parts together for the track motor. There is not a whole lot to them, just like an automatic transmission in a car, they are quite rebuildable following the right procedures, and that is where most mechanically inclined people fail at this stuff.

A guy who does hydraulic work was confident that if all the parts are there, and nothing is damaged (gears, etc.,) he could rebuild the motor, but.....

I have expanded my search quite a ways out and have found several machines in the 10k range, with less then 2000 hours. Road trip coming.

·
Banned
30 Posts
I hope you are checking craigslist. In fact, searchtempest.org is a craigslist search that allows you to search in a radius from your zip code. Hits all the CL sites. That is how I found my "hoe"......;) LOL. I found a 2006 Bobcat 430ZHS with 809 hours for 15K. Talk about a CLEAN MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutley LOVE IT! I will have pics of it on here soon. This thing is AMAZING! Just my opinion. Hell worse case scenario is I sell it. But I honeslty don't see that happening. Good luck on your search.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.