Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Designer/Contractor
5,654 Posts
< 4" opening at rails and balusters for one. Also as pointed out having horizontal rails makes it a ladder although I'm not sure if that's a code violation, just very dangerous with children.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think the guy is a DIYer... I could be wrong! In the description it says something about he's a weekend warrior so it takes a long time to do all his projects. Pretty serious tool collection and shop if that's the case. Must have found a better means of supporting his tool addiction than using them to make a living.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the guy is a DIYer... I could be wrong! In the description it says something about he's a weekend warrior so it takes a long time to do all his projects. Pretty serious tool collection and shop if that's the case. Must have found a better means of supporting his tool addiction than using them to make a living.
I hope so, the shop was the only impressive part. What capabilities does it even show? Buy a 1200 dollar joinery tool, then fill your work wih face nails, because why not?

I liked the part when puts the posts together with a hammer. Mallets must be too expensive...

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
"I used a lot of glue."

Yeah no sh!t !!!! That glue is pouring out all over the place.

Must do pretty well in an office to have that collection with 4 tables. Yes I am hating because I'm jealous. Lol

·
Ciaos mitigator
1,943 Posts
It wouldn't pass here either, but neither will cable rails. Can't have anything climbable.
I have repaired a few rails if that style, even added boards between to make the space less. Still wasn't today's code, but the my were old houses so it was better than before atleast.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
that sums it up right there!

I can't believe even a DIYer would think that those tiny little blocks glued and pin nailed to the newell posts would be enough to keep someone from falling if they were to actually NEED the railing.

It looks nice, but I think he should've built a really cool bird house or something instead.

His garage is crazy. He must be doing something well to afford that collection and the garage/shop combo.

I'm jealous too! I really like those ear muffs.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts