Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Punching above his weight
12,103 Posts
That video makes it look like a very nice life.

I'd like to see the converse summer video though where it's hot as hell, a crappy radio is playing crappy 80s rock, the cat is puking up a dead mouse, and he's sweating through his apron. Maybe a little less cozy in that idyllic work shed. hah

Check out his website. The Damascus Steel blades are amazing. http://neemantools.com/en/products/wildlife-knives

·
12,103 Posts
In case anybody else here really can watch this stuff all day, I started link hopping from Reg's video to other factory tours.

This vid has a little less romance to it, but I think some of the older framers on here will appreciate the rhythm of the power hammer. It has a nice beat to it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Adam, I would guess that was a full days worth of work, or more.
I bet the handle only takes a few hours, but that axe head has to be time consuming.

Whoever is making his videos is really good as well. Much easier to watch when a professional has filmed and edited.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Although I prefer to work with wood as it is nicer to the touch, warm, smells good and soft compared to metal, these vids make me want to do some of my own tool making and play around with the cold hard stuff.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The extent of my metal working was when i was about 12 years old. I watched Robin Hood with Kevin Costner and after watching them pour molten metal into an arrow head pattern carved into a piece of wood, i was hooked. I made the most horrendous looking mold and i forget what we used for metal. Maybe i forget what we used because we never actually melted any metal. As usual, the process was what was most fun even though we had nothing to show for our efforts.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RCCIdaho, that was so cool. Old school way of doing things for sure. I wish there were subtitles. It looked like both moss and animal hair they were putting between the beams? Thanks so much for sharing.

MarkJames, makes you wonder huh? Maybe it got in the way of the production value for their tool selling video.

·
Registered
664 Posts
My heritage is Fin/Swede, so it was a good watch. I wish they would have shown more detail how they cap the ridge.

Subtitles would be nice, but cool nonetheless.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My heritage is Fin/Swede, so it was a good watch. I wish they would have shown more detail how they cap the ridge.

Subtitles would be nice, but cool nonetheless.
Hey, maybe you can translate and subtitle it for us and repost! It would only take a week out of your time.:laughing:

·
12,103 Posts
That Damascus video is really cool.

Leather guy seems like he's got a really nice gig. Like breaking in a baseball mitt all the time.

Where do I sign up to be part of a cabin in the woods assembly line like that?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No doubt huh? I think you'll have to marry a sugar mama and start your own business. Or sugar daddy if you're a female. Or sugar mama if you're a female and gay. Oh, forget it!

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
From what I hear John Neeman tools has stopped accepting orders for axes because they can't meet demand. I'd love to try their product, I bet its better than my Gransfors Bruks.

This guy makes a nice product as well:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts