Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's supposed to take 5-10 hits to drive a little nail.:blink:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
At least I skipped ahead after 3 mins. :laughing:

We should all make videos about how to hammer a nail properly.

:blink:

·
Super Moderator
28,759 Posts
Paper boy giving the know how

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,024 Posts
Even though I'm a carpenter my hammer technique has always been sloppy. I would be interested in a video by someone that knew what they were doing.

·
Super Moderator
28,759 Posts
Even though I'm a carpenter my hammer technique has always been sloppy. I would be interested in a video by someone that knew what they were doing.
Check out Brotherhood of the Hammer thread and watch the videos:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
On top of him stopping and looking at every hit, I don't know of one skilled carpenter that uses a claw hammer. The only thing I see on jobsites are rip claws. Except for plumbers and electricians of course. :whistling

·
GC/carpenter
43,838 Posts
VinylHanger said:
On top of him stopping and looking at every hit, I don't know of one skilled carpenter that uses a claw hammer. The only thing I see on jobsites are rip claws. Except for plumbers and electricians of course. :whistling
Yep ripping hammer is what everyone uses. However my mom always had a claw hammer in her junk drawer. Lol

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
22oz curved claw short handled estwings are all most builders here in NZ, UK and Australia use, Id imagine a couple of them are skilled.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I hold my hammer all kind of ways, depends what hammer, what nail and what nailing position. I've never really thought about it til now...it's one of those instinctive things you do when you're a carpenter.

·
Young-Guy Framer
551 Posts
Saw this video a while back. I'm pretty sure if you search "Advanced Trim Carpentry," this is one of the videos that comes up in the sidebar. And no, I'm not kidding.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts