Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My carpenter abandoned me and I have an unfinished job that'll probably take about 2 hours work. Trimming the edge of a carpet with molding 8' long, and reinstalling a wood pantry panel and rehang the cabinet door on it. That's it.

• Compensation: $100

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
My carpenter abandoned me and I have an unfinished job that'll probably take about 2 hours work. Trimming the edge of a carpet with molding 8' long, and reinstalling a wood pantry panel and rehang the cabinet door on it. That's it.

If you're that desperate. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Doesn't sound like much, why doesn't he just do it him self. I'm sure he's not that busy.

More than likely he doesn't even own the tools to complete the job.

He should realize as a contractor that some times there might be some Hands-On work involved.

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts

I would ask these questions during the first conversation.:

Is the molding there and on the job site?

Is the wood pantry panel there and on the job site?

Is the hardware for the cabinet door there and on the job site?

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the job is 30 minutes away, so right off the bat im looking at an hour in driving time. my truck gets around 10 mpg, so i would need roughly 20 bucks for gas. that leaves me 80 bucks. 80 dollars to drive there, set up, do the work, if anything goes smoothly, then clean up, deal with getting paid, then drive back. not worth it to me.

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol another one

labor only by experienced sidewallers for installation of clear white cedar shingles. install only .stripping will
be done by me. on a contemporary. approx 15-20 square. please give name phone number experience,
approximate price on 15 square. please be sure to give all information. must have all necessary equiptment
job to start asap. NO RESUMES PLEASE. ANYONE NOT GIVING ALL INFORMATION SHALL BE CONSIDERED.

·
Registered
463 Posts
100 Bucks ?
Maybe for a days pay, how ever much you make per day .
I think you will have to look at the job . Then drive there a second time to work . That's 2 hrs right there . The guy wont have the right materials and some one will have to go to the store . Then your into lunch time .
When your done you will have to fight for the money ! I dont think his carpenter left because all is well.
I do take small projects just as a customer service ,but i never plan on making any money on them . PS just forget about CL adds that offer small money up front . John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts