Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite my wife's objections, I bought a mini skid steer at a auction.

It's not new. It is a 2004 Toro Dingo Tx420. It came with a auger, back hoe, trencher, and stump grinder. We picked it up yesterday, got home at 10 PM and unloaded it this morning. Everything seems to work, thank god. Price was $ 9,500.

I'm probably going to have to get another trailer though. I already have 4, so what's one more. I had hoped to use my dump trailer, but I am a little leery about driving it in and out, because the trailer stands pretty high. I'm going to have to figure that one out.

I'll get pics when I can.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
those things are great if you have the work for them!

i always rent a toro the one with the wheels!

but for as much as i use it and abuse it...for me its not worth to own it and maintain it! i do what i need to do then give it back!!

Good Luck with it!! its a great toy

·
I eat sawdust.
3,975 Posts
I had hoped to use my dump trailer, but I am a little leery about driving it in and out, because the trailer stands pretty high. I'm going to have to figure that one out.
Good job.

I wouldn't worry about putting it in the dump trailer. I used to load one on to the back of a flatbed truck that was pretty dang high off the ground with no problem.

Might be obvious, but:

Bring it up backwards. It's easier, and even if something goes wrong it doesn't fall on you :laughing:

·
Registered
174 Posts
You will be able to make do with your dump trailer .....I've made do from 1990. It 's all about elevation of the trailer .... Your ramps and grade ..Good luck!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts