Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’m working with myonlinetoolbox to methodically grow my website and it’s SEO. Got rid of my SEO person – that’s another story – and am now doing it by myself. Made good progress and learning about the basics of Title Tags, Location based Content and Pictures. While I am moving forward fine, I figured I would see if anyone wants to throw some extra ideas for me to consider to learn. I realize its endless. So far I have gone from terrible results to actually seeing leads come in within a few months of focused effort. Website is http://www.eliterenovatorsllc.com/ . Heard some guys here are pretty good and some can be pretty tough with the commentary. Fire away – I have thick skin up here in the North East.
Hector

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Im getting burnt out looking at peoples sites but I did click on yours and it looks nice. I saw your page title on the home page and the 2 town pages I clicked on were done properlly. I didnt look to see if you have different content on your town pages or not. I also was a bit iffy on the formatting of the content as Iscrolled down, although it looked ok, just looked out of proper format to me.

I am assuming all your on page would be done correctly, so aside from that you should google local citation builder , local citation checker, local citation finder.

I would make sure your G+ crap is operating on all cylinders.

Aside from that im not sure if your content or even your photos are structured for conversions. Thats why I dont manage my own crap, im not a marketer, but my hunch is that showing a bullet point list right off as to why your the right choice is not catching anyones attention. Why, becuase you didnt identify anyone;s issue or problems. I see a lot of well done sites ask a question, are you looking for, does it concern you, are you searching for, would you like to have, ect.

Something to think about. Content is harder then most everything else I think.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hi all,
I’m working with myonlinetoolbox to methodically grow my website and it’s SEO. Got rid of my SEO person – that’s another story – and am now doing it by myself. Made good progress and learning about the basics of Title Tags, Location based Content and Pictures. While I am moving forward fine, I figured I would see if anyone wants to throw some extra ideas for me to consider to learn. I realize its endless. So far I have gone from terrible results to actually seeing leads come in within a few months of focused effort. Website is http://www.eliterenovatorsllc.com/ . Heard some guys here are pretty good and some can be pretty tough with the commentary. Fire away – I have thick skin up here in the North East.
Hector
I looked at it for about 5 seconds.

I would change you headline "Expect Nothing But The Best",
"nothing" is a negative word and negative words usually don't go over well in headlines. You are telling them to "expect nothing", that's enough to make them automatically shut down.

I didn't read the content but I can tell you the lines go all the way across the page and that is hard to read. You should put the content in a narrow column so that it is easier to read.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I found the color scheme a little hard on the eyes. I'd suggest putting all the text in the body of the page in a container and giving it an opaque-ness ie
{background-color: o, o, o, .5}
or something like that.

Generally I like the site and the on-page seo seems Ok but
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD 187 ERRORS ON YOUR HOMEPAGE
'block_type="bg" tpba_id="199975"'
all of these block_type and tpba_id things are throwing validation errors. I'm not sure what it's for but get rid of it.

Also see this post I made:
http://www.contractortalk.com/f101/how-you-search-engine-optimization-138909/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts