Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a rough day today. One of our operators flipped our cat 303 mini excavator. He was able to get it upright using the boom and stick however, once the machine became upright the hydraulics stopped. I checked for pinched hoses, broken wires, the safety switch, all the fuses and even took off the battery cables to see if the computer would reset. It's funny because the machine still starts and runs and everything is okay (except for the lower bumper) it's just the hydraulic system that is not working. Any other quick fixes before I call the dealer?

·
Contractor
7,725 Posts
I suspect it would be electrical. Check the fuses and circuit breakers as well as all the safety interlock switches.
I know you checked them.....check 'em again.

But then I don't really know anything about cats.

Good luck with it, I am sure it will be something simple.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
I suspect it would be electrical. Check the fuses and circuit breakers as well as all the safety interlock switches.
I know you checked them.....check 'em again.

But then I don't really know anything about cats.

Good luck with it, I am sure it will be something simple.
X2, also check and be sure the alternator is still charging and that the battery didnt get damaged. My Sumitomo does funny things when the battery gets low or the alt. craps out. The first indication for mine is the main boom wont lift, then the stick wont come in. These systems definitly need the 14 volts to operate properly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all. Everything is dead Mics. Nothing moves. I'm going to play with it a while tomorrow and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts