Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quit complaining.You get what ya pay for.Besides that.Who gets hammers with magnetic nail holders on them anyway?You might want to post on the DIY forum.

I'm kiddin.The quality control on that hammer is crap.I wonder if it slipped through the cracks or was it a whole lot of them that went UN-noticed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Husky quality in general is pretty bad. I only buy Husky organizers and things like that. That pic doesn't surprise me one bit.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I got $5 that says if you point it out to them they will be surprised, thankfull and will pull it from the shelf. You will find it for sale again tommorrow.

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,024 Posts
I have a husky hammer. It's just for general use/demo. The grip is starting to back it's way off the handle. I buy their wrenches too, they work good for oil changes but I think I'd get a better quality socket for changing spark plugs. The husky one kept getting stuck inside the engine.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Whoever bought that will get their money's worth.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The husky one kept getting stuck inside the engine.
That is usually the result of the rubber grommet they put inside the socket to allow you to pull out the spark plug without it falling out. Depending on the engine that can come in handy. 99% of the time its annoying and I take it out.

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,024 Posts
That is usually the result of the rubber grommet they put inside the socket to allow you to pull out the spark plug without it falling out. Depending on the engine that can come in handy. 99% of the time its annoying and I take it out.
The grommet worked good but it was the husky extension I had on top of it that didn't have enough grab and would pull out of the socket. I had to stretch needle nose pliers in to pull it out.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
that hammer is $7.88. I snapped 2 of those "wood" handles before replacing them with $5 hickory handles that seem indestructible. also whoever bashed magnetic nail starters obviously doesn't frame. I won't buy a hammer without one. they're a godsend.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
that hammer is $7.88. I snapped 2 of those "wood" handles before replacing them with $5 hickory handles that seem indestructible. also whoever bashed magnetic nail starters obviously doesn't frame. I won't buy a hammer without one. they're a godsend.
Yes... especiallywhen you're 5'9"....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
asgoodasdead said:
most framers are even shorter than that. don't know why.
Lower center of gravity for walking plates?

I'm 6'-1" and can barely walk on terra firms let alone a 2x4.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$12.97 at local HD :blink:

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a husky hammer. It's just for general use/demo. The grip is starting to back it's way off the handle. I buy their wrenches too, they work good for oil changes but I think I'd get a better quality socket for changing spark plugs. The husky one kept getting stuck inside the engine.

I use snap-on spark plug sockets with magnets in 'em... ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts