Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone interested in starting a cortractor talk hurricane relief effort.My wife is a member of another chat board,and in in contact with a member from N.O..They have 30 people living in one house in baton rouge and the local wal-marts etc. are empty. I think this is more productive than arguing about what should have been done ,tom,aa .

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I'll be glad to take part. I'll even drive a pickup truck load of stuff down there if need be.
At this point, cash donations seem to be the most useful aid one can send. What ideas do you have?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PipeGuy said:
I'll be glad to take part. I'll even drive a pickup truck load of stuff down there if need be.
At this point, cash donations seem to be the most useful aid one can send. What ideas do you have?
Pipe,acording to the info i have something like 200,000 new residents have moved into baton rouge a city of 400,000 before the storm.The local stores have run of of necessitys,and gas is scare so driving to get supplies could be a one trip. We could collect boxes to send ups,but the shipping cost is quite high. We could rent a u-haul but the larger ones require a cdl to drive. With a a few regional drop-offs say covering a 200 mile radiaus, we could probally do this in a day or two plus, one days non-stop drive.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
bergenbldr said:
I think this is more productive than arguing about what should have been done ,tom,aa .
Don't remember arguing with anyone about what should have been done, - - and I've already donated while you were still busy 'twisting' my words!! :rolleyes:

Will probably even donate more, - - but I doubt if it will be through some 'smart-mouth'!! :Thumbs:

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Discussions/arguments were about 'shooting to kill' criminals.

But I'm sure you'll find something to 'twist'!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Tom R said:
...I've already donated while you were still busy 'twisting' my words!!Will probably even donate more, - - but I doubt if it will be through some 'smart-mouth'!!
Tom, here's a good link to some relief organizations. donate here

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Might have to get 'Nate' to start a 'Classic Reply' section, - - that one would be right up there!! :cheesygri

I got my 'eye' on you!! :cheesygri

1 - 12 of 12 Posts