Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems a lot of contractors I know enjoy that time in the woods with the rifle, shotgun or bow. Unfortunately fall tends to be when the workload increases as guys are working hard to beat winter.

I like the handgun hunting myself and bowhunting though I still suck at it. How about you guys?

Tim

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I don't hunt, mostly because I too would prefer compound weapons over rifles. But I too do not have the skill, so I would waste a week that I could be snowboarding.
But I live in a great place for hunting...I am missing a ton of game.

But I will stick with hunting Salmon :)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Tim, my father was a tri-state archery champion (Illinois, Indiana and Ohio) back in the 40's so I started with a bow. My mothers side were all Hoosier farmers, shotgunners and riflemen. I hunted until my kids started to become interesting and then just tapered off, a little less each year. I sold my bows while they still had some value and kept all of the rifles and shotguns, even added a few just in case I get some time off during some season.
To make things worse, I own property in NC and have family with large spreads in N. CA, WY and MT plus old family friends in ID, ND, SD, AZ and NM.
My son and I go to a range from time to time, he's a pretty fair shot on paper. I keep promising him a trip to somewhere. He really wants a pronghorn.
Someday.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts