Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Howto: slide show

1843 4
I have been thinking of putting in a slide show on my first page of my website....

I'm using frontpage 2003

Thoughts?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Yes, move to wordpress and goto code canyon and download a slider plugin.

Codecanyon might still have something for you.
http://wowslider.com/rq/html-slideshow/

Although I second JBM, most people are using a CMS (Content Management System) such as wordpress which makes doing this task easy, I am sure it would probably be easy to port your site to wordpress
My professional thoughts are to dump FrontPage in the recycle bin and ditch the slider idea. Wow slider is a thumbs down and any slide show that the user cannot start and stop when they want to is a bad idea. It's okay to offer slides as an option, even include a 3 second intro so they know it can be used, but forcing it is another issue.
Thoughts?
Reactions: JBM
Very good point, nothing I hate more then seeing something flash by me in a slider and wanting to go back but have no control such as forward reverse and pause.

I looked at your site yesterday and unless my content filter is blocking a bunch of stuff it looks like it would be very easy for you to recreate in Wordpress, you already have the content.
My professional thoughts are to dump FrontPage in the recycle bin and ditch the slider idea. Wow slider is a thumbs down and any slide show that the user cannot start and stop when they want to is a bad idea. It's okay to offer slides as an option, even include a 3 second intro so they know it can be used, but forcing it is another issue.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.