Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be a crazy busy year for me. Pretty much booked up this year and am starting to write jobs for next year already. I work pretty much work right through the winter. All pretty good jobs too.

So how is looking for the rest of you?

·
Registered
346 Posts
i mostly stick with light things....like kitchens and bath remodels, built in projects, never anything big like a full renovation.....but i stay about 2 months worth of work ahead of me... things are getting worse lately, starting to book 3 months out....as stressed as i am now, i couldnt imagine being booked a year out.....lol

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
i mostly stick with light things....like kitchens and bath remodels, built in projects, never anything big like a full renovation.....but i stay about 2 months worth of work ahead of me... things are getting worse lately, starting to book 3 months out....as stressed as i am now, i couldnt imagine being booked a year out.....lol
You sound like my dad... lol. In the winter, we were a little bit slow with a couple days off, he was stressing out about work. Now he's stressed out cause we are booked for about 6 months and he's so stressed at all we have to do.

Isn't that a good problem to have?? :clap::clap:

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,271 Posts
Sounds about like us. Too many 12-14 hour days in a row for us.

I got a couple buddies with one leg. they both laugh everytime I tell them I'm busier than a one legged man in an ass kickin contest.
I have friend with one nut and we call him plumb Bob. : laughing:

·
Hair Splitter
18,330 Posts
Booking three months out instead of two isn't worse but better.

·
water re-locater
7,511 Posts
Due to one of the worst winters in years with tons of ice and snow we had the best spring since the economy took a crap in 08. Only bad thing is because of so much ice and snow i had the worst jan, feb, march i can remember. Hopefully summer is just as busy

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
I'm pretty steady right now. I have a few jobs that I can't even get to and three or four medium sized jobs I haven't even quoted because I can't fine the time to even go look at them.

My problem right now is that I have a full remodel going, plus I'm working on a small refresh for my landlord which is stretching me thin.
Add to that the glass repairs and trying to find a new shop space, I am feeling a bit ragged. I also have a vinyl siding gig with material sitting at the suppliers.

Today I started at 6, worked at the first remodel until 8:30, ran over to a window repair/house recaulk (odd mix, but true) :laughing:, then back to the first gig to get some underlayment down for the linoleum guy tomorrow morning. Got home around 8 tonight, which actually is an hour or two earlier than most days recently.

Tomorrow will be a 6 am start to finish floor prep, then finish cleaning up the house for the customer who gets back tomorrow, then help them unload their van and moving trailer. After that we start hanging insulation and sheetrock to prep for shower stalls. After that I need to go to the second remodel and do some exterior repairs. Should be home around 10.

Lots of long days.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sure is,It's my son chad and myself.

Plus the come and goers.

Some don't even call in their "didyanotice"
I could use help too. But your post is the reason I don't even try. I'm slammed and luckily have patient HO's.

I've thought of approaching the trade school I graduated from.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts