Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
Needs real pictures of what you're selling. No one reads a thousand words, so show them a picture that speaks a thousand words. Use your own projects for your pictures.

It's really rough, I started out with text only flyers and eventually moved up to include pictures and it's a lot more effective with pictures.

·
Wormdrive Operator
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not sure. I am targetting newer subdivision houses in the 4-500,000 range quite close to me. I did a round of 1,000 doorhangers and only had one call several months after the fact.

These are not meant for high end clientelle. These are to get me side jobs close to my home I can bang out.

·
Wormdrive Operator
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Needs real pictures of what you're selling. No one reads a thousand words, so show them a picture that speaks a thousand words. Use your own projects for your pictures.

It's really rough, I started out with text only flyers and eventually moved up to include pictures and it's a lot more effective with pictures.
Next side job I get I will take a couple hundred and get some very nice photo cards done up! Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I do think direct mail is still valuable marketing strategy if done properly. However, the images of the tools have been so overused by others I wouldn't use them. My suggestion is to find someone to help you to really invest in your marketing efforts to improve your results.

·
Registered
Custom
13,965 Posts
You missed the most important part... a call to action... the 5% comes across as a tool... what I would think reading that is "OK, they add 5% so they can take it off later"...

Since you are using color, MAXIMIZE its use by including photo's...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wouldn't. Dump the whole discount thing its a waste of time. I would change your heading.

DECKS,FENCES,TRIM, FRAMING AND MORE.

Also include "references available" Sell your integrity and quality of work.
The picture of the saw and hammer is ok but why is it larger than your company logo?

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's too late for feedback, you've already ordered 1,500 of them. Next time, post your creative before it goes to the printer.

But you can help all of us by letting us know how they work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts