Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried my hand at designing my own logo. I looked around on Google images and got a few ideas and went from there.

The "image" is just some rings from a log basically. I think it's a bit catchy and has potential to be adapted or integrated into different images/logos.

Next is my business card design I created that plays along the same design. I created the business card before the t-shirt with the "image" in it. I will have the "image" in the next batch of business cards.

I'd like some honest opinions since I'd like to put some decals on my truck and also I will be purchasing a new enclosed trailer soon that I plan on having some large decals put on and I'd like to get it right the first time.

Thanks for your opinions gentlemen.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
It looks like a thumbprint.

Your logo is probably the #1 element about your company that people will see as they make a decision to hire you. You want to design it yourself?

But it did come out good.

·
Registered
Custom
13,965 Posts
I've thought about the phone number and I chose to forgo it. Do you think it would be beneficial?
Do you wear your shirt? It's a billboard... it should contain all the information you would give someone in a 17-second elevator pitch about your company... that should include your phone number...

One thing I would consider adding is your personal name on the front...

Color you are using with the black will give the appearance of wearing quicker than others, and mixed with dust will fade the logo... Consider a different color with more contrast...

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Do you wear your shirt? It's a billboard... it should contain all the information you would give someone in a 17-second elevator pitch about your company... that should include your phone number...

One thing I would consider adding is your personal name on the front...

Color you are using with the black will give the appearance of wearing quicker than others, and mixed with dust will fade the logo... Consider a different color with more contrast...
How many people have called you and said "I need my house remodeled and I got this number off a shirt"

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like the simplicity of this design. I agree that you may want to go with different verbiage. You have very little real estate and you want it to make an impact, and I agree with Joseph about decks seeming a bit redundant when paired with remodeling and new construction. Perhaps you could try a slogan their? I've seen a lot of construction company shirts and they always have 3 or so words detailing what they do, but maybe you could take a page from copywriting and make a promise. Instead it could say "You'll never want to leave your deck" or something to that effect. Just a thought.
The Logo is great though. Really.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
How many called you and told you where they got the number no matter where it came from?

Your shirt is a walking billboard... it's not for the customer you ALREADY have...
I think a shirt is more of a walking ID tag, and/or uniform, than a billboard. I wouldn't spend too much energy on designing a t-shirt

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
How many called you and told you where they got the number no matter where it came from?

Your shirt is a walking billboard... it's not for the customer you ALREADY have...
Probably 99 percent, everyone starts with "I found your number on" or "I got your number from" the first time they call.

A van is a billboard a shirt isn't...although I employed a young lady with massive breasts and guys showed far more interest in my company shirts than I had ever seen before.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I like everything in the rectangle. A lot in fact. Looks great! I know you want to fit all your info in but save that for the truck lettering. I saw it as tree rings right away.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Probably 99 percent, everyone starts with "I found your number on" or "I got your number from" the first time they call.

A van is a billboard a shirt isn't...although I employed a young lady with massive breasts and guys showed far more interest in my company shirts than I had ever seen before.
would like to see this endowed shirt profile you speak of...."massive" you say?

·
Registered
Custom
13,965 Posts

It doesn't cost any more or less to add a phone number to a shirt... putting your name and logo without the phone is a truncated message...

Anything with your logo and company info is a billboard. Your card is a billboard you hand out, your van is a traveling and stationary billboard, your letterhead, your website... having any one of them without a phone number is a waste, because they ALL lead to one thing the customer needs and is looking for...

The phone number...

Make it easy for them... not everyone you meet as you go to home centers, etc. may want to stop you, has the time to engage you in conversation, or ask you for a card or follow you out to your van to get your phone number...

By having the phone number on your shirt, you are already giving them the most important information they need from you to contact you...

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
It doesn't cost any more or less to add a phone number to a shirt... putting your name and logo without the phone is a truncated message...

Anything with your logo and company info is a billboard. Your card is a billboard you hand out, your van is a traveling and stationary billboard, your letterhead, your website... having any one of them without a phone number is a waste, because they ALL lead to one thing the customer needs and is looking for...

The phone number...

Make it easy for them... not everyone you meet as you go to home centers, etc. may want to stop you, has the time to engage you in conversation, or ask you for a card or follow you out to your van to get your phone number...

By having the phone number on your shirt, you are already giving them the most important information they need from you to contact you...
I had numbers on my old company tshirts I don't think it matters.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts