Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like everyone I talk to locally is slammed with work. Everybody wants something done. I'm booked out for months and am even lining up interior work for winter. Basically, I'm just wondering if it's really taking off everywhere and we might finally be on our way back, or I'm just fortunate enough to be in a hot spot. Now this is my 5th year being in business out on my own and I may be just reaping the rewards of all my hard work the last few years making connections, but I'd really rather it be the former.

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
It's crazy here in the valley as well. Everyone I know is slammed. Unfortunately, it will take all summer to just make up for a few bad years.

·
Electrical Punk...
571 Posts
It seems like everyone I talk to locally is slammed with work. Everybody wants something done. I'm booked out for months and am even lining up interior work for winter. Basically, I'm just wondering if it's really taking off everywhere and we might finally be on our way back, or I'm just fortunate enough to be in a hot spot. Now this is my 5th year being in business out on my own and I may be just reaping the rewards of all my hard work the last few years making connections, but I'd really rather it be the former.
It is very busy for the first time in seven years I've got a good back log..:clap:

·
Always Learning
8,720 Posts
Our area is slammed as well...residential and commercial is booming right now. We are booking for next year and so are a lot of others in my area.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,785 Posts
We're also slammed. But we haven't , experienced much of a slowdown in the last several years. We're doing a lot more new work this year, so there's at least a lot of new homes being built.

·
Accidental Painter
2,292 Posts
I'm slowing down for a bit. Which is typical for what I do. Winding down from the college rush flips. August and september are usually slim pickings for me, no one is moving. October, things will pickup again.

I never book out too far, as I am usually deemed "emergency services". Most property managers don't call me until they have booked a move in date and it becomes obvious their maintenance guys wont make schedule.

This is why I am launching reglazing services into the residential market.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same here. I never been booked out so far. Im now having to turn down work because i cant possibly schedule out that far.
Same for me. I'll take a call and tell them how far out I am, thinking that they'll just try to get someone else, and they tell me to put them on the schedule.

Granted a good amount of my work is from repeat customers, but still cool.

·
Super Moderator
28,831 Posts
Did more between January and June than we ever have in any whole year before. Its going real good, but yall make sure and rat hole some money. Sure as chit it will tank again, hopefully not for a while, but you never know.

·
water re-locater
7,511 Posts
Inconsistent here. Very good spring due to tons of ice and snow damage from the winter but July sucked. August looks real busy thankfully. Love working for myself but can never get used to the ups and downs. Seems like all i ever do is save for the next winter. :wallbash:

·
Registered
67 Posts
We are booked out till the end of October. We have another few weeks of roofing work to fill out and then we start scheduling for next year.
Been a good year so far, revenue is about 30% higher than at this point last year. Hope for a long fall and short winter. Last year was brutal here in Chicago.

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
Completely swamped! As a matter of fact I just went and looked at another job tonight. Will write the bid this weekend.

I've already made more money than I did all last year!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Already best last years sales. Booked into October now, with a small gap in sept that I'm sure will fill up.
all next week is full of going to look at more jobs as well.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts