Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (and girls). New guy here from Maryland (between DC and Baltimore) with a small landscape design/build biz mostly residential work. I have been at it for about 15 years now. Biz is slow this year but I have other things to keep me busy (like a highway going through my workshop and equipment sheds :rolleyes: ).
I'm a married guy with a pooch (an Aussie terrier seen in my avatar) and spend my "free" time :laughing: working on my place and garden railroading (large scale model trains). Though I have had little time for the hobby this year (see above :furious: )

-Brian

·
paper hanger,painter
916 Posts
Hi from what they call Western, MD( Hagerstown) I personally would say Deep Creek would be western but what do I know:whistling

·
Carpenter
514 Posts
Hello Brian and welcome

I was traveling across MoCo and Howard yesterday and must of criss-crossed the ICC 7 or 8 times. Its like a bad dream but sure will sped up east/west traffic in this part of the state.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.
This was a pic of "Fort Brian" as the wife dubbed it, behind a rose arbor that was the entrance of our veggie garden -

i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/altterrain/layout%20pix/may09/rosearbor2.jpg
(sorry not allowed to post links yet!)

Workshop was 2 12'x16's in and L shape with an attached 10'x6' greenhouse, also a 16'x18' equipment shed (ever try explaining pole barn construction to the permit office?) all surrounded by 60' oaks. Its all pretty much gone now except for the building shells and looks like a war zone. The wife goes from depressed to angry and I'm pretty much the same. I'm just waiting for the rest of my money from the state (its only been over 2 years after all!) so I can build the new workshop (bigger and better) on adjacent property acquired in a land swap. I'm just wishing I could skip ahead to 3 years from now and have all this crap over with.
BTW - I'm looking at steel buildings for the new workshop/equipment shed. If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

-Brian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts