Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,
I need to build a 40" tall header for the center of this arched window right at the new floor level. The client would like it to look like the header between the big window and the one below, brick trim and all. My thoughts are cutting in a prefab concrete header but it seems like a massive job. These opening will get windows, 3" limestone sills, and all the block to be covered in painter brick. I'm looking for some ideas. Thanks
Plant Daytime Building Window Brickwork

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are you taking this job if you don’t know how to do it?

Do you see the “client” every time you look in the mirror?
When a client you have done a huge amount of work for asks, I get it done. I won't be doing the actual work but taking some ideas to the framer, mason, and owner never hurts.
Don't want to offer anything worthwhile, that's your business. The fact you choose to take the time to smart off tells me all I need to know.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
8,131 Posts
Tells me that you came in here without any kind of introduction, and your post sounds like a DIYer trying to slip in under the radar.

And I’m not a mason, so I have no advice for you at all.

And just imagine what your opinion about me must mean to me. 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tells me that you came in here without any kind of introduction, and your post sounds like a DIYer trying to slip in under the radar.

And I’m not a mason, so I have no advice for you at all.

And just imagine what your opinion about me must mean to me. 👍
Dude, time to quit washing down the oxy with Colt 45, complaining that your bids are getting undercut, and realize that $1.50 a block job is where your at...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts