Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That comes later when you have your bacon and egg breakfast. Salsa is not just for chips. I like to put on my baked taters among other things.
I absolutely LOVE salsa on my chips.

·
Registered
11,376 Posts
I heard today that our Governor has said you can go to jail for 30 days if you flaunt the restrictions.

Haven't had a chance to verify it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I heard today that our Governor has said you can go to jail for 30 days if you flaunt the restrictions.

Haven't had a chance to verify it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Oregon State Sheriffs Association put out a letter that most county sheriffs have posted as their stance.

In a nutshell to the people:

- if you feel uncomfortable, leave.

- call OSHA for business concerns

- call liquor control commission for restaurant and bar concerns

- “not best use of resources,” “can’t enforce our way out of a pandemic”

Kind of funny to see Kate threaten private gatherings with a police visit and have law enforcement nope out of it.

Hilarious to see Marion County, home of Kate and the capitol say no.

Multnomah Co, home of Portland, says no. Others as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,367 Posts
We asked our mothers (83 and 87) if they would like to forego Thanksgiving this year. My mom said she’d rather die from the virus than from fear. My mother-in-law said no phucking way. The question and the answers don’t really matter, they both have dementia and won’t remember anything anyway.

So, we’ll have eight for dinner. We usually have 15 to 18 but we’ll just do immediate family this year.

What am I thankful for…?

Sometime in the future, I’ll post what a rotten year (16 months really and counting) this has been for me and my family. We’re still in it (hopefully on the tail end) and I’m not ready to get into the details yet.

I’m thankful that I had the mental, physical and financial ability to get us through to today. I’m thankful for a wife that was more than just there for me through everything and that I now have the ability to be there for her. I’m thankful for my kids who were there for me and carried some of the load. I’m thankful for subcontractors (friends) that helped me through a rough patch and moved projects forward without me. I’m thankful for some incredibly understanding clients that cut me some slack in a bad time. I’m thankful for being an essential business during this madness and that earning a living was never a part of my problems. I’m thankful for this forum to act as a diversion when I needed some downtime.

It’s amazing that when things are not going well, you can see the things that are. I am truly thankful and grateful.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Need a break from the BS in Commie-fornia. Headed down to the Yucatan Peninsula for the week. Long overdue vacation with the wife, kids, and in-laws. Turkey tacos and margaritas while we tour the old ruins and chill out on the beach.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Staying in state park close to Wichita falls, Texas. Any of you Texans know Wichita falls well enough till recommend restaurant?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,961 Posts
We asked our mothers (83 and 87) if they would like to forego Thanksgiving this year. My mom said she’d rather die from the virus than from fear. My mother-in-law said no phucking way. The question and the answers don’t really matter, they both have dementia and won’t remember anything anyway.

So, we’ll have eight for dinner. We usually have 15 to 18 but we’ll just do immediate family this year.

What am I thankful for…?

Sometime in the future, I’ll post what a rotten year (16 months really and counting) this has been for me and my family. We’re still in it (hopefully on the tail end) and I’m not ready to get into the details yet.

I’m thankful that I had the mental, physical and financial ability to get us through to today. I’m thankful for a wife that was more than just there for me through everything and that I now have the ability to be there for her. I’m thankful for my kids who were there for me and carried some of the load. I’m thankful for subcontractors (friends) that helped me through a rough patch and moved projects forward without me. I’m thankful for some incredibly understanding clients that cut me some slack in a bad time. I’m thankful for being an essential business during this madness and that earning a living was never a part of my problems. I’m thankful for this forum to act as a diversion when I needed some downtime.

It’s amazing that when things are not going well, you can see the things that are. I am truly thankful and grateful.
Thoughts and Prayers, Paul

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaVinciRemodel

·
Super Moderator
25,961 Posts
Staying in state park close to Wichita falls, Texas. Any of you Texans know Wichita falls well enough till recommend restaurant?

I like Karat. Hadn't been in while though. I used to eat at Jo Allen's in Abilene when I was repoing cars, but been a long while

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,016 Posts
Need a break from the BS in Commie-fornia. Headed down to the Yucatan Peninsula for the week. Long overdue vacation with the wife, kids, and in-laws. Turkey tacos and margaritas while we tour the old ruins and chill out on the beach.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk
What in the living hellfire and damnation is “communist” about California? 🙄

California is a facist corporate dictatorship.

Do you even live in this phukking place?

Gavin Newsome is a pkking Getty for FriggSake.

·
Super Moderator
25,961 Posts
What in the living hellfire and damnation is “communist” about California?

California is a facist corporate dictatorship.

Do you even live in this phukking place?

Gavin Newsome is a pkking Getty for FriggSake.
Whatever it is, I wish yalld keep it in that worn out chit hole and quit spreading it outward lol

Reactions: deckman22

·
Registered
7,751 Posts

I've hunted just south of there in Archer City for the last 6 or 7 years. I can't say or know anything good about the area.

There are lots of deer and rattlesnakes and pigs though.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,988 Posts
I've hunted just south of there in Archer City for the last 6 or 7 years. I can't say or know anything good about the area.

There are lots of deer and rattlesnakes and pigs though.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Jack rabbits too. first wife's grand daddy had a ranch up that way. God foresaken country.

·
Super Moderator
25,961 Posts
Adding a food drive to the tradition i guess. Must be expecting a big haul my grandma said to bring an empty truck bed

·
Super Moderator
25,961 Posts
Getting close. I'm ready

41 - 60 of 69 Posts