Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,195 Posts
Curled up in a corner wearing my N100 mask, glasses, goggles, facemask and latex gloves hoping the rona doesn't catch me like the governor says it will.

With family of course. Heading over to my sisters which is in the same town I'm in. The rest of the family will be dropping in. My son will be coming down from NY with my grandson and he gets to stay for another 3 days. My wife will be in grandkid heaven.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,195 Posts
Bout the same as Meta. I think we're going to have about 30 people at my folks house. Thanksgiving is the most underrated holiday.

Same as usual.
Funeral for your pet Turkey I surmise. There will be refreshments.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,722 Posts
Curled up in a corner wearing my N100 mask, glasses, goggles, facemask and latex gloves hoping the rona doesn't catch me like the governor says it will.

With family of course. Heading over to my sisters which is in the same town I'm in. The rest of the family will be dropping in. My son will be coming down from NY with my grandson and he gets to stay for another 3 days. My wife will be in grandkid heaven.
The sister is relenting this year, eh?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,195 Posts
She missed Easter because of her fears last year. If I go there and she says we have to eat outside I'll roast her with the turkey.

·
Nouveau Eccentric
2,027 Posts
Raking leaves in New Jersey.
Then smoking up a big batch of dry rubbed wings, just me and the missus, for that I'm thankful.

Then, probably draining the water out of the pipes, and heading back to Pa. for 2 week quarantine. (Not) :rolleyes:
I see no reason to hang around this winter with nowhere to go, I feel Mr. Murphy will have the place sealed up tighter than (insert own euphemism).

D.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Oldest daughter said no one over.

Wife and I, 4 rib roast (wife is not a fan of turkey) and whatever else I conjure up.

Tom

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,985 Posts
I would love this recipe!
I would love this recipe!
This a canning recipe. I

30 tomatoes, peeled & chopped.
10 cups chopped sweet onions (1015's or texas legends)
2 cups apple cider vinegar ( 5% acid )
2 - 8oz. cans tomato paste
10 hatch or anaheim peppers
1/2 cup sugar
12 cloves garlic
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
8 teaspoons pickling salt
2 teaspoons crushed black pepper

In large pot bring it to boil then simmer 30 minutes
process in canning pot for 35 minutes for 16 oz. jars, add 5 minutes for quarts, subtract 5 for 8 oz. jars

notes
you can play around with the kinds of peppers, bells if you like milder salsa or use serranos for medium, habaneros for hot
I made a batch using only orange tomatoes, 6 pablano, 8 habanero & a dozen chile pequin peppers & skipped the tomato paste to keep orange color
I don't like cilantro so I substitute arugula if I have some
I have elephant garlic in the garden so used less cloves, cloves are huge
wear rubber gloves for chopping habanero peppers or your hands will burn

·
Registered
386 Posts
Working... so I can distract myself from it being Thanksgiving.
Working as well. Thanksgiving is one of my holidays this year, so 3-12s in a row at the hospital it will be.
To those of you not working, I hope you have an enjoyable and relaxing day with your families.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,722 Posts
Sitting in my Prius, alone, in the driveway, wearing a mask, listening to NPR. 🥺

I might sip a Kombucha.

Make sure you at least grab a turkey sub or something with curbside, drop off service.
Wear gloves when you unwrap it.

·
spazman
706 Posts
Having a big meal with the family on Thursday then the wife and I are going to Branson on Friday for some weekend trout fishing.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This a canning recipe. I

30 tomatoes, peeled & chopped.
10 cups chopped sweet onions (1015's or texas legends)
2 cups apple cider vinegar ( 5% acid )
2 - 8oz. cans tomato paste
10 hatch or anaheim peppers
1/2 cup sugar
12 cloves garlic
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
8 teaspoons pickling salt
2 teaspoons crushed black pepper

In large pot bring it to boil then simmer 30 minutes
process in canning pot for 35 minutes for 16 oz. jars, add 5 minutes for quarts, subtract 5 for 8 oz. jars

notes
you can play around with the kinds of peppers, bells if you like milder salsa or use serranos for medium, habaneros for hot
I made a batch using only orange tomatoes, 6 pablano, 8 habanero & a dozen chile pequin peppers & skipped the tomato paste to keep orange color
I don't like cilantro so I substitute arugula if I have some
I have elephant garlic in the garden so used less cloves, cloves are huge
wear rubber gloves for chopping habanero peppers or your hands will burn
THANK YOU! :p

Reactions: deckman22

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
21 - 40 of 59 Posts