Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to up sell or "bolt on" added services to hail damaged homes? In the past I have worked in a storm market for roofing and only roofing. I am thinking about making another go at it, but want to try and sell attic insulation and possibly windows with a storm call. What do you all do???
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
The Home Owners mind-set changes dramatically during the Feeding Frenzy created by the influx of the Storm Chasers.

Would they get those up-sells for Free?

Thats what they want at those time.

Geez, they don't even want to have to pay their own $500.00 deductible to get the new roof or siding.

Ed

·
Registered
291 Posts
Are you a local contractor or a "storm-chaser"?

I don't know what to do as a chaser, but as a local guy you can use the storm work to develop a relationship with that customer. Let them know about the other services you offer. You may not make the add-on sale right then, but you can plant the seed for future work. Also make sure to capture their info and continue to market to them thru newsletters, refferal programs and the like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the home owner knows about getting free add-ons?

I'm a local guy that has done some hail work, but was thinking of chasing down some storms.

This is good stuff all, lets hear what others have to say!!!

·
Certified Crazy!
404 Posts
Most if not all middle income home owners are not going to have the extra cash or be interested in spending any more then their deductible. Chances are you won't get them to pay the deductible either if you want the job.

Asking them to pay for upgrades and extras not covered by the insurance company is like asking them if you can marry their 15 year old daughter. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts