Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a demolition project that will include removal of insulation stuffed in between the wall studs. The insulation will contain occasionally some pluster, wood and maybe nails. What do you do to protect both the vacuum machine and the bags? there must be some mechanical protection I can attach to the 4/6 inches tube to block and detect the contaminants?

Also any advice on more durable reusable large bags? I saw a post about seed bags as alternative solution but can not find a place where to buy them. leaf bags are about $50 each and can be an alternative I guess.
thanks

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Dust deputy or Thein separator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks these are nice ideas.
I think these products however would work well when collecting debris such as wood or sawdust but are they good for cellulose insulation?
I am afraid the bin will fill soon with un compacted insulation.

·
Vendor
332 Posts
That particular vacuum saver has been discontinued. You can see the latest information here: http://www.insulationmachines.net/insulation-removal-vacuums/cool-vac-vacuum-saver/

The slide out drawer bled too much air. The vacuum savers no longer have the drawer. However, you are able to daisy chain more than one vacuum at a time and use one vacuum saver.

These capture nearly every nail and even separates dead animal carcasses. Anything heavier than the insulation fiber is collected in this container.

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
I had to relocate blown cellulose in an attic. I use a leaf blower / vac.

Set it up for vac and instead of the bag that comes with it , I used flexible hose and ran it outside. blew it into shipping bags. saved it for re-install.

·
Vendor
332 Posts
That particular vacuum saver has been discontinued. You can see the latest information here: http://www.insulationmachines.net/insulation-removal-vacuums/cool-vac-vacuum-saver/

The slide out drawer bled too much air. The vacuum savers no longer have the drawer. However, you are able to daisy chain more than one vacuum at a time and use one vacuum saver.

These capture nearly every nail and even separates dead animal carcasses. Anything heavier than the insulation fiber is collected in this container.
Correction: It is still available for the 16hp or below.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts