Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the next best option to paint an exterior steel door if you do not have a sprayer? I am trying to stay away from the brush marks etc..
Any other options?

Thanks

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
spray paint?? I'm gonna get flamed for that....aren't I :laughing:

Seriously, I have used the painters touch paint and it comes out really nice. Though if you are trying to match a color, forget it.

Here is an old metal chair I painted with this spray paint. It's holding up well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about pulling the door and taking it to your local autobody shop and have them spray it. It will definitely hold up better than any brushed on oil, and they should be able to match just about any color.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
How about pulling the door and taking it to your local autobody shop and have them spray it. It will definitely hold up better than any brushed on oil, and they should be able to match just about any color.
Yup I'll second that, a while back a customer I put a door in for worked at an auto body shop, he took the door to work with him and sprayed it. Thats what gave me the idea:laughing: Know when I install a door I offer that to the customers, I'll have it sprayed before I install it. The only bad part is, you better be very careful while installing it!

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts