Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are going up the ski lift at Vail this weekend, just arrived, taking the Vail village lift up to mid Vail so we can head into the back bowls to get away from the tourists and hang with the locals.

We share the lift up with 2 others, a well dressed lady typical Vail tourist trophy wife and her female friend for hire for the day or what is better known as a Vail ski instructor. My wife and I smile and enjoy the ride, excited to get our first day at Vail for the year going, just enjoying the scenery and marveling at the awesome snow fall and predicting how great the back bowls are going to be.

No sooner do we clear the first few lift pylons when the trophy wife starts talking to her instructor about her previous nights activities which involved rubbing elbows at a well known resident of Vail who is well connected in the Democratic party. Boasting about the $12,000 her husband donated and how much she enjoyed the spread and getting to rub elbows with all her "friends' in the party.

Pretty soon she is going on and on about the democrat and republican views, about Bush, about the war in Iraq... this goes on for like 5 full minutes as she pollutes the beautiful still snow covered scenary with her far left views as if she was amongst those who cared and were hanging onto her every freaken word taken verbatim from the NY times and Al Franken on Air America. Shes vomiting all kinds of liberal crap about baby killing in Iraq and the huge deficit. This goes on for a very, very long 5-6 minutes. Finally I can't take it anymore, her next comment is something along the lines about how we are spending 1.5 billion dollars per day in Iraq when we should be sending all that money to the poor or something.

I snapped I couldn't take her pompus crap any more and blurted out breaking my silence for the first time the nastiest thing I could think of: "Yeah, but that 1.5 billion dollars a day allows us to kill a whole lot of muslim towel head sand n****gers don't ya think?"

She just about fell off the lift. Her mouth dropped open and she shut her mouth for the rest of the ride speachless. My wife just rolled her eyes at me and we enjoyed peace and quiet for the rest of the ride up. I could have swore I saw her ski instructor trying her best not to burst out laughing at this pompous little liberal who thinks everyone she meets surely has to share her views.

Sorry, I was a bad boy, but I couldn't help it.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I wouldn't have waited that long. Couth is not one of my redeeming factors.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
If I send you a self-adressed , stamped, envelope will you give me your autograph :D ?
The sad part is that she's so self-absorbed and clueless that she thought you meant what you said. If she wasn't she'd have burst out laughing in your face rather than have been dismayed. She probably didn't think that they let 'people like you' into Vail. How vile! Next year they'll be going to Park City.

I married into a very left leaning family, live in a very left leaning neighborhood, in a very left leaning town, in a very left leaning county of a very left leaning State. The crap I hear come out of people's mouth's on a daily basis is just astounding - and little kids are just as bad. I can't pick up my kids at school (elem. - middle) without having to overhear some diatribe by a 10 year old about Bush, Iraq, Abu-grab, oil drilling plans for Disney World, etc., etc., etc. It's just sad that they're parents are so torqued out that their hatred spills over into their kids heads. My daughter tells me that they're are a couple of kids in two of her classes who LITERALLY can't shut up about how BUSH is going to ruin the world.
I guess my proximity to leftist America is good for me - nothing like setting up a die-hard lib for cardiac challenging rant. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
206 Posts
There are no redeeming factors of the Republican party. By the way, the last CEO of this company (Clinton) left a huge bank account (Surplus), what the hell did you guys spend it on anyway. We even told you the towel heads were coming, but you didn't want to listen.

Oh I forgot, you can't hear above your own mouth talking. Gotta finish Daddy's failure.
As Reagan said Verify.

You all know that that major roof change in design was Republican funded! :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Democrats have always proposed a 'take from the rich, give to the poor.' scenario. Unfortunately the rich are the ones that provide jobs.
For some insight Google up my grandfather, Lothair Teetor. He spent 20 yrs. on tax reform and JFK finally signed his efforts into law. Unfortunately he was not alive to see this.

·
Registered
318 Posts
democrats

Two Muslims are sitting in a Gaza Strip bar chatting over a pint of fermented goat's milk.

One pulls his wallet out and starts flipping through pictures and they start reminiscing.

"This is my oldest son, he's a martyr."

"You must be so proud," says the other.

"This is my second son. He is a martyr also."

"A fine looking young man," replies his friend.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim says wistfully,

"They blow up so fast, don't they?"

:Thumbs:

BTW - What I wouldn't have given to be there that moment MIke....

Tim

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mike Finley said:
... this pompous little liberal who thinks everyone she meets surely has to share her views.
This was the part that brought up a memory for me. I was volunteering at a volleyball tournament which had among its participant schools Sidwell Friends (the private school where Clinton sent Chelsea :rolleyes:). A mother of one of the participants began telling me just how "typical" the Clintons were, that they were just normal parents, etc. I said that I had strong disagreement with them and tried to leave it at that, at which point she went full bore into a liberal tirade (civil - ridiculous and uninformed, mind you - but civil). I refuted her points with polite, persistent questioning, receiving responses along the lines of "Well, you just have to trust enough to care", etc. I realized that logic was not her strong suit, so I left it at that. She resumed her diatribe, and when she finished, said paraphrasing here) "Well, when you come around in a few years, remember the kindly old lady who helped you."

I just smiled and said that I would probaly remember her. I remembered it, however, as one of my moments of my greatest restraint. I have, as I have aged, become no more tolerant of illogical, emotion-based reasoning, but I am at least more able to contain myself than I used to be (sometimes) :cheesygri

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Definetly I would have blurted out much much sooner. I really have to fight to keep silent when I am around my nearly-wife's friends want to talk politics... All I hope is that they don't vote.

I damned near ******************** my pants when I was arguing one day and I said we need to cut government and stop with all the hand outs... and she said "but we have to help these people" I yelled out, "Let them help themself, like I do and like your husband does!"

I realized I was screaming at my fiance's best friend so I got up and went outside to cool down.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
You were screaming at someone, Grumpy?

I don't believe that for a second - LOL ;)

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
My wife is a Democrat as well, and I do share some Democratic views, but I am mostly Republican.
She is in Social work so I can understand why she has alot of Democratic views, but she is in the minority up here that's for sure.

It's easy to spot people who are vastly educated by the media.

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
Pretty soon she is going on and on about the democrat and republican views, about Bush, about the war in Iraq... this goes on for like 5 full minutes as she pollutes the beautiful still snow covered scenary with her far left views as if she was amongst those who cared and were hanging onto her every freaken word taken verbatim from the NY times and Al Franken on Air America. Shes vomiting all kinds of liberal crap
Funny, when it is the left speaking it's crap??? I thout it was a point of view.
Also, just being a Democrat does not make you a Liberal. I know everyone to the far right thinks this is not possible. Hell, they think McCain is a Liberal.

I will admit though, I think most, if not all, of what I hear coming from the right is crap. ESPECIALLY about the "war".
GOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAAAAMMMMM!!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Speedy, I'm pretty right wing and a Viet vet and I'm beginning to wonder how we're going to get our tail out of this crack. I'm thinking that Bush is going to keep us there until they quit exploding themselves, that could be a very long haul. Those folks have been at each other for 6,000 yrs., self destruction should be genetic by now.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
I just tell the libalers I mean liberals I own assault rifles. They don't talk to me much any more. lol

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
All of my neighbors know that I own an arsenal and lots of camo, including black PJ's.

·
Electrical Contractor
744 Posts
How can you take men that are trained to kill from a distance and make them into policemen overnight? My National Guard unit that I retired from in 200 is going later this spring. Good Luck men and women of the 48th Inf Bde(M) in all your endevers!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts