Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need your help in choosing the best paint for a house for interior wall and bathrooms i used before berh not any more please help. :Thumbs:

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
izote61 said:
i need your help in choosing the best paint for a house for interior wall and bathrooms i used before berh not any more please help. :Thumbs:

Sherwinn Williams Duration is probabley the best commercially avaliable paint on the market. It's extremeley expensive. If your used to Behr prices your in for a shock. But most people on these boards will tell you it's worth every penny at roughly $35 a gallon. Most all the paint at any hardware/big box store is crap and not worth the $7 they charge IMO.

EDIT: We don't use it, but that's because Wisconsin has an outstanding locally owned and operated paint manufacturer. If you were in the Milwaukee or Madison area I would reccomend Hallman/Lindsay. We use them because they are local and there products are as good SW, better in some cases.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
I like Ben Moore's good stuff
It works great
For a bathroom, Zinnser's got a mildew resistant Kitchen and Bath paint that rocks

I have not used SW Duration interior to compare

Excellent point about the local/regional brands
Often they are much more tuned to your climate and usage than a national brand ever could be
My local went OOB ten years ago...boy do I miss that stuff

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
Duration is my best friend. It's so silky smooth to apply, gives good coverage rates, hides great, and leaves a durable finish. Speaking of silk....I swear the satin makes it look like you painted the walls with the finest silk. Most of all, customers really love it. Only drawback with duration is the stupid plastic can it comes in, lol. If you can get past dealing with a screw on lid that sticks (HELLO) once paint gets on the grooves, you'll be happy. I've used all varieties of paints, and this one is by far my favorite for interiors and exteriors. Having a lifetime warranty to pass off to the customer offsets the price easily. :Thumbs:

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
AAPaint said:
Duration is my best friend. It's so silky smooth to apply, gives good coverage rates, hides great, and leaves a durable finish. Speaking of silk....I swear the satin makes it look like you painted the walls with the finest silk. Most of all, customers really love it. Only drawback with duration is the stupid plastic can it comes in, lol. If you can get past dealing with a screw on lid that sticks (HELLO) once paint gets on the grooves, you'll be happy. I've used all varieties of paints, and this one is by far my favorite for interiors and exteriors. Having a lifetime warranty to pass off to the customer offsets the price easily. :Thumbs:

Those buckets are infuriating... easy poor my a$$

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am not a big fan of Sherwin Williams - I won't dispute their quality.
I just hate the corporate owned stores and salesmen in ties. It just
irks me. I have heard great things about their durations line of paint.
I have a guilty pleasure of using their promar 400 extra white flat
paint as a ceiling paint. Great hide and nice bright finish. But for interior
paints - I would use anything like California, Muralo, pratt&Lambert, heck even
Ace Hardware paints is great.

-PlainPainter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts