Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old customer ask me can I jack up this. It look to me if I would use just floor jack would risk my life. Maybe with forklift lifting up everything and when I see nothing else is falling off I approach and slide in some 6X6 es.

Attachments

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,026 Posts
Your pics aren’t that great, but from what I can see, I wouldn’t even begin to try and jack that, it’s a tear down.

And a floor jack? :eek: :vs_lol: :blink:

You’ve got to be fkking kidding me. :blink:

Stick to trim work. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,377 Posts
If you do, make sure you keep a video camera going.

I'm sure we would all want to see it.

Seriously though, that is a no go.

If you try jacking it up, it will twist and collapse more. There is nothing worth saving there.

Also, I am amazed you were able to take pictures with a potato.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Could you jack it up? Yes
Should you Jack it up? No
Now where near being cost effective
Like building a pyramid with a spoon

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
^^^ Thanks guys. I will not do it. Appreciate some good jokes to.
Yeah I wrote floor jack, I tough bottle jack. Another aspect of it is that back than I used bottle jacks & fast legs combination successfully I'm not sure it will work so good this days. Bottle jacks are still strong but my legs are not so fast.

·
Registered
Remodel
26,619 Posts
All those structural members that look bent can't be straightened by jacking, they have to be replaced.

Much faster, cheaper and safer to demo that part and rebuild, or just demo.

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,456 Posts
It's a mess and I have worked with that kind of mess before.
Things can be jacked you just have to know how. Here homes are jacked up 10 -12 feet in the air all the time and built under turning a one story into a 2 story.
If you have never worked that kind of thing before I'd leave it, not only that but it takes a few guys.
On another note you'd be proud of the 0-2½"X12' long shims I cut the other day to level out a floor.:blink:

·
Super Moderator
25,962 Posts
I think this is a joke

I think

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Going with it's a 50-50% proposition. 50% gasoline and 50% diesel. Diesel to sustain the burn in a structure with very low fire load to get it to take.

Dirtywhiteboy :thumbsup: yup

·
Registered
Remodel
26,619 Posts
I think this is a joke

I think
I quoted one that was worse. Seller didn't take the potential buyer's offer, so it didn't happen.

I'm not sure why DWB gets to do as many out there, maybe some local regulations or something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts