Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a flat roof over my existing cedar deck and need to know how to connect it to the house? I will be cutting off the soffit or overhang and want to know if I can attach a ledger board to tthe end of the roof rafters and double plate behinf the osb board or do I have to set the flat roof rafters onto the existing double plates? I am using 2X8 rafters on 12" centers and the free span is slightly less than 16 feet.

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Only if it's roof rafters,
never floor rafters. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
You could nail a ledger board against the OSB ply shooting it into the top plates of the wall and each stud, then run your new rafters alongside the old rafters and nail them together.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.