Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually do residential remodeling and I have recently been doing some work for my wife's company. I installed ten full sheets of slatwall with cutouts and trim for two windows and various electical and phone receptacles. I also had to remove and remount a small commercial A/C unit for the installation. Anyone have any idea what I should invoice for this as this in not usually my forte? Thanks.

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
Since you had no price up front, about all you can do is bill hourly.

It seems pretty strange that this would not have been discussed up front. Even when doing hourly work, I had a rate that was approved ahead of time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slatwall

I'm always very fair on my work and so the manager that I do the work for is completely comfortable with whatever I come up with but I want to be fair. Do you have any idea what the going rate would be?

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
I don't think there is a going rate for that work. The few times I worked slat wall I estimated the hours and materials I thought it would take. The complexities of each job in slat wall make each job a unique price unless you are talking simple installations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts