Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duration® Exterior Acrylic Latex paint by sw. Do any of you guys know how much a gallon us this is going to run me? Ballpark figure.:laughing: I have a stand up mailbox i'm going to paint tomorrow to match the shutters on my house. I figure that looks like a good choice on there website. Also if i just bring in a color swatch of my shutters then can match it no problem Correct? Or do you guys think i should go with another brand they make?

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
A gallon, huh? That's one big mail box.

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
The duration for a homeowner, low volume contractor (volume of paint purchased) will be about $50.00 or almost exactly what your mail box cost less shipping and handling.

You could get into specialized plastic bondable paints, primers etc but I think you would get several years out of a-100 satin. about 22.00$

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The duration for a homeowner, low volume contractor (volume of paint purchased) will be about $50.00 or almost exactly what your mail box cost less shipping and handling.

You could get into specialized plastic bondable paints, primers etc but I think you would get several years out of a-100 satin. about 22.00$
that will work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
59 Posts

GOOD SUGGESTION :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my name is Wes, I was just wondering if anyone knew a general price to charge for refinishing wood products such as cabinetry, bookshelves, furniture. I have a whole lot to do and it looks very time consuming. Usually I bid for my time, but I don't want to underbid the project or overbid it.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since your mail box is plastic why not use the new Krylon spray bomb for plastic, why waste your money on sherly williams, two cans of Krylon and your good to go.:thumbsup:

www.frankawitz.net
That is the way i went. The krylon for plastic. I bought four cans. Only need two. I ended spraying it with about 10 coats.:laughing: Basically until i used up the second can. The other two cans i now have sitting in my utility room.:laughing: I looks brand new. For the record this was several months ago.

·
paper hanger,painter
916 Posts
Hi, my name is Wes, I was just wondering if anyone knew a general price to charge for refinishing wood products such as cabinetry, bookshelves, furniture. I have a whole lot to do and it looks very time consuming. Usually I bid for my time, but I don't want to underbid the project or overbid it.

TREE - FIDDY!!!!:laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts