Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting ready to bid my first drywall job i have 10 years exp in hanging and 4 in taping.
the job is just scraping off old texture on the ceiling only, skimming it and doing a hand knockdown texture (no hanging)
the room is approx 144 sf
i am also in portland oregon if that helps any.

any info would be greatly appreciated
i definately have this job but still want to give them a fair price because it is one of my good friends moms

thanks and have a great day

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
i am getting ready to bid my first drywall job i have 10 years exp in hanging and 4 in taping.
The job is just scraping off old texture on the ceiling only, skimming it and doing a hand knockdown texture (no hanging)
the room is approx 144 sf
i am also in portland oregon if that helps any.

Any info would be greatly appreciated
i definately have this job but still want to give them a fair price because it is one of my good friends moms

thanks and have a great day
$150

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
thanks you very much, that is around what i was thinking was 150-200$
at first i was thinking 200$ just because of the fact that sometimes it is a real pain to scrape off old texture especially if it has gloss paint over it
150.00?:eek:
How long do you think it will take you?

My DW guy is 300.00 minimum unless it's a quick patch or something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im guessing it would take me somewhere between 8-12 hours total.
that is why i figured i would ask on here though because i want to give her a good deal but also i dont really want to short myself because i need to be able to support my kids

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
im guessing it would take me somewhere between 8-12 hours total.
that is why i figured i would ask on here though because i want to give her a good deal but also i dont really want to short myself because i need to be able to support my kids
So you are going in to business for yourself and you are going to make 10.00/15.00 an hour?:eek:And out of that you have to pay your overhead...

I'm going to throw you a bone and let you know that a legit DW guy would charge around 400.00 +/-

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
well it is going to be me doing it by myself and like i said it is family of a good friend
And my DW guy would do it by himself and cost me 400.00....

Why ask how much if you already knew how much you wanted?

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Is there any real skill in drywall?
:laughing:

When I learned to hang it it didn't seem too tough.......
Then I tied to finish it...I don't finish it anymore...

·
Dufus Extrodinaire
159 Posts
I wouldn't even think about getting out of bed for that 200 bucks...unless i had to pee or something

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright thanks for all the replies i am going to go ahead and tell her 300$ for it all.
i didnt know at the start how much i was gonna charge her i just knew i wanted to be fair without hurting myself and i was thinking around the 150$ to 200$ range and once i got a reply saying what i was originally thinking i thought it sounded about right.
like i said i am new to the whole bidding deal mostly i am just used to doing the labor and getting paid for it, that is why i asked on here.

the help is greatly appreciated though

1 - 20 of 65 Posts