Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,678 Posts
6 to 6 1/2 hours. I usually rise a bit later if not working on the weekend. Rare that I am ever still in bed at 7 AM on any day.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
6 to 6 1/2 hours. I usually rise a bit later if not working on the weekend. Rare that I am ever still in bed at 7 AM on any day.
Lucky.....:laughing:

4-5 hours if I am lucky.....

Does not matter when I go to bed...

Weekends, WTF are those...:whistling

Afternoon naps....ahhhhhh....:thumbup:

Only on the weekends....

My wake up time is between 3:30 & 4.....

Many times that is my get out of bed time after I've been awake since 2 AM......sucks getting old & hurting.....:censored:

·
Super Moderator
10,678 Posts

Only on the weekends....

Many times that is my get out of bed time after I've been awake since 2 AM......sucks getting old & hurting.....:censored:
My wife is an expert napper. I suck at naps. If I take a nap later than 2 PM, I will have trouble sleeping later. About once a month I have one of those old guy nights where sleep never comes. I usually just get up early and try to get some paperwork done.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,786 Posts

Only on the weekends....

Sounds almost like me to a T.

5-6 hours is the norm. Usually in bed between 9-9:30. Feel lucky to make it till 3 am, real lucky to sleep till 4.

Friday is poker night, so I rarely get to bed before 1. So on Sat, I do allow myself to sleep till 7, unless I've got a full days work on the calendar.
Love me an afternoon nap on the weekend.:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
I've got a crown molding job scheduled for next week, maybe I should show up at the customers home and start work at 4:30AM while they're in bed. I think I can set the scaffold over their bed without waking them, although I think the Paslode might possibly wake them. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
I've got a crown molding job scheduled for next week, maybe I should show up at the customers home and start work at 4:30AM while they're in bed. I think I can set the scaffold over their bed without waking them, although I think the Paslode might possibly wake them. :laughing:
Well if setting the scaffold didn't wake them....

Oil that fvcking Paslode....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I don't have a set number. More is always good. I have always been a early to bed early to rise person.

As I am getting older it is harder to get more sleep even if I wanted it. Not only that but the kids wake me up early anyway.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I operate best with around 8 hours of sleep...much less and I'm struggling all day. I used to be able to roll with about 5 hours, but it caught up to me at some point...

Afternoon naps are awesome to me...especially in a hammock for some reason...I'll wake up, have a shot of coffee (literally, not much, just some), and I'm good to go for the evening!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Oh yea.....:thumbsup:

seen them more than once.....

Cancun was the most recent....wife hated the dam thing...:laughing:
Yeah, most people either love 'em or hate 'em...not many have them stretched across the living room though! I found out how awesome it was to have the heat turned up in the winter, and hung one near a fireplace...it was incredible! Now...no fireplace sadly, but I still have the hammock stretched out because those afternoon naps can't depend on the weather!

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Had one on a beach in Kauai....

Under the palm trees, with a rope to rock back & forth....

It was after lunch, and an undisclosed amount of beer....

They came and woke me up so we could go to dinner....:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts