Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Charles
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I've been around reading thru your post for some time and finally I decided to ask. Please be nice to me. :whistling

I just wanted to say hi from Chicago and Introduce myself before I will really need your help. I've beeen remodeling kitchens and bathrooms for 8 years and I still have a lot to learn. This website is great source of information and great people here.

Thanks for great site and keep it up!! :notworthy

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,508 Posts
You really know how to write a subject line, don't you :laughing:

Welcome

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Welcome, Charles

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,508 Posts

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
Hi guys, I've been around reading thru your post for some time and finally I decided to ask. Please be nice to me. :whistling

I just wanted to say hi from Chicago and Introduce myself before I will really need your help. I've beeen remodeling kitchens and bathrooms for 8 years and I still have a lot to learn. This website is great source of information and great people here.

Thanks for great site and keep it up!! :notworthy
Low post numbers+ how much should I charge = nothin' but fun for us:laughing:
Welcome...

·
Registered
3 Posts
$Price Point

Charles,

In case you were actually looking for a response...

The labor rate is a price point.
Use it to screen or collect customers.
Have you not found that no matter what you tell them, they will only fell better if you are able to adjust it a little bit "for them"? I used to resent this, but then came to realize that the labor rate is a psychological thing for the customer & there is no use in dying on the beach of labor value. The customer wants to know they are getting value.
Sales, deals & inside information sells. A customer will feel good knowing we are installing the "best" materials, and we love this aspect.
But they also feel good knowing they are getting the "best" rate.
Do you ask for %10 off at the pro desk in the box stores? You should.
And in turn knock off %10 for your "Pro customers", i.e. any customer that you want to work for.

First reply to a thread, just registered myself 5 min ago.
Shepard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts