Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont lay alot of hardwood and was curious as to how many sq ft. the average daily installer can lay in say an hour with a helper?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Dan, There are a lot of variables here. I usually figure 600 sq ft a day after the prep is done. Obviously hallways, baths and most kitchens go slower and open areas go quicker. Substrates matter too, going over concrete takes longer than over wood unless it's a gluedown and I won't touch that with a 10 ft. pole although it is quite popular nowdays.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Dan, There are a lot of variables here. I usually figure 600 sq ft a day after the prep is done. Obviously hallways, baths and most kitchens go slower and open areas go quicker. Substrates matter too, going over concrete takes longer than over wood unless it's a gluedown and I won't touch that with a 10 ft. pole although it is quite popular nowdays.

I would have to say that that is a bit above average. :cheesygri

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Completely depends on the product.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey tetor 600 ft. is pretty good. I think we only average 250 - 300 a day, of course we only do it a few times a year. Floorcraft, I mean an average I know it totally depends on the project.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I would say 300-450 is acceptable for a 3/4 naildown.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I can put in 400 to 500 in a day but I am a bull. I do not do it everyday either,so I would imagine a bull that is an expert could do 600 ft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts