Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some bidding advice please. We have been in business for almost a year now. My partner and I have done clay tile for other people in the past but this is our first to bid on since we've been on our own. I live on the Miss. gulf coast if that helps. Can anyone give me some idea of what to charge??

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't figured manhours for the house but it's about 45 - 50 sq., lot's of hips, couple of valleys, real cut up, and about 4-5 seperate roofs. Just trying to get a per sq. rate. I can adjust the bid myself for all that but I need a place to start. I know it will take 2 guys and 2 grunts to get about a sq. to 2 sq. an hour. If hourly is the way to go then np but I'm not the only one bidding on this job so I need some acurate advice. :confused:

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I can tell you here a clay tile roof will exceed $1,000 a square for labor and material. It's usually around $1,200.

Keep in mind prices vary regionally for labor and material so asking "how much?" isn't going to get you a straight answer. Your new so I'll go easy on ya, there is no one size fits all price per square. Bidding by the square will get ya in trouble big time, espececially if it's something your not to keen on.

My advice is figure this job the looong way. How much will the material cost? How many hours will this take to complete? How much do you pay out in labor per hour? Add in your overhead, Add 10% for error. Add on your profit. Done.

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Grumpy said:
My advice is figure this job the looong way. How much will the material cost? How many hours will this take to complete? How much do you pay out in labor per hour? Add in your overhead, Add 10% for error. Add on your profit. Done.
Grumpy, thats exactly where I was going with this. Sounds better coming from a roofer though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts