Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know about u guys i always use two pouches one set of leather awps for framing etc and a single cloth awp pouch for when we get into trim work it just makes it easy on me having everthing i need right there instead of stuffin it in my pants pocket or having to look around for it how bout u guys

·
Super Moderator
30,031 Posts
One set of bags, oxy 7 bag pro framers, with suspenders and a hammed holder. Framing, siding, cornice, forming, trim, drywall (when I have to) all one set of bags.

I dont wear bags in finished houses and on punch. I use a tool box/bag and Paslodes then.

·
Always Learning
8,782 Posts
I have a set of oxy fatlips for framing, siding, etc. Pretty much outside or rough stuff. I have a dedicated electrical belt. When in trim/cabinet mode I have a tape pouch that holds a fat max 16', small chisel, nail set, utility knife, pencil, and sharpie. Then I have a clip on hammer loop.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Only one tool belt. When trimming I rarely use a tool belt. These days, with air nailers, I don't need to carry around very much.
Tape measure and pencil. For the times that a nail doesn't set all the way or I need to tap something into place, I just leave my tools nearby. Usually my tool belt is sitting close.
Starting out, it was taboo to not wear a tool bag all the time. Now I don't wear it nearly as much. Production is probably slightly slower, but I can move around easier and not carrying that weight makes it easier on me.

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Same here one set of pouches, oxylight adjust to fit framer. Swap things in and out as needed. I can understand not using a pouch while trimming, however I like having everything on me, its just more efficient. Ill put a bunch of shims in my nail strip holder while setting doors and hang the nail gun off my belt hook.

·
YUUUUP!
1,054 Posts
I have multiple set ups. When I'm doing framing/carpentry I have my awp oil tan leather rig. I have a set of bags for doing drywall which consist of a box pouch to hold all my tools and drywall hatchet and a leather ten pocket pouch to hold screws and other fasteners. I have a set of bags and a drill holster for when I'm doing metal roofing and a set up with one nail bag and hammer holster for when I'm shingling. One day I will have to get them all out of the trailer and take a picture since everyone else is sharing theres. Same with my giant collection of utility knives. :clap: :thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have multiple set ups. When I'm doing framing/carpentry I have my awp oil tan leather rig. I have a set of bags for doing drywall which consist of a box pouch to hold all my tools and drywall hatchet and a leather ten pocket pouch to hold screws and other fasteners. I have a set of bags and a drill holster for when I'm doing metal roofing and a set up with one nail bag and hammer holster for when I'm shingling. One day I will have to get them all out of the trailer and take a picture since everyone else is sharing theres. Same with my giant collection of utility knives. :clap: :thumbup:
I'm in the same boat here. One full tool belt for framing, one side pouch/belt for trim work, one pouch/belt for electrical, then a bag of tools for the punch lists, a tote of tools for more detailed electrical, then a heavy box of tools for the larger remodel jobs, and an even heaver set of tools for when I need to run plumbing.

And I read another good idea and now need to make myself a sheetrock tool belt -grrrr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts