Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question has probably been asked before so I hope you guys don't get annoyed but...how many squares can you/your company roof, per man-hour? I am getting ready to do a 40 square, 10/12 and cut up as can be, lay over. I figure that my crew can finish about 3/4 of a square per man hour :( on this job. On a less steap and cut up roof we can get 2-3 square per man-hour. Do you think that is crazy? Are we way to slow? How do you guys figure this information out? Any comments or information is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
used to be a shingler should be able to hand nail 1 sq. per hr. 8 sqs. a day. most everyday.
I guess the guys now are taken steroids because by you, guys are doing 16-24 sqs a day, everyday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good one jproofer! We do live by the nail gun. Maybe 3 square is a little high. But I would say on a straight, flat house we can get at least 2 sqaure an hour. Lots of cutting and climbing slows us down considerably. How do you guys messure that type of output?

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
I think that is probably pretty close considdering the extra work involved, like roof jacks, shigle stocking, etc. We sometimes get 1-2 per shignler, but we have an extra guy per three shinglers setting jacks and stocking us, so figure that in. I hope this helps

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I AM NOT A ROOFER!
The house behind me is about 2500 sq. ft. under roof, 16" overhang. 5 guys did tear off, 30#, arch. shingles and painted the exsisting vents to match the shingles in about 10 hrs. You can do the math, I'm tired and enjoying a cold one.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
I wasn't getting down on anyone that uses a nail gun. I'm not too proud to use one anytime I can. Saves time and since time = money....that's what business is all about..money....I assume the rest of you aren't up there humping it every day for the shear fun of it' :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Forgot to mention that it was all hand nailed by people that get others here upset. They didn't speak American.

Where is that guy? I may be moving to Costa Rico and I have no intention of trying to teach them my language, I expect to learn thiers.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
On a good day, with my pecker in my pocket, instead of under my boot, I can hand nail 3 SQ an hour, but I can't keep up that pace all day.

Thats also one man feeding me shingles and the roof has to be stacked, I lay them too quick for a ladder man to keep up.

Bob

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Bob, Here it is six per shingle. One tap for set and one to drive home.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Teetor

Teetor San jose costa rica is a excellent place to go for cosmetic dental work at 2/3rds less the cost a american would charge. :Thumbs: :) I new a guy who lived in your state dentist wanted 24,000 dollars for implants and other work he flew to San jose it cost him 8,000 dollars. When he got back went in to see another dentist in your state he said this is excellent work I couldn't have even made the crowns for that let alone do the implants. :Thumbs:
DENTAL WELLNESS CLINIC SAN JOSE COSTA RICA THEY EVEN HAVE A WEBSITE. People from your state fly there all the time its only 2 in a half hour flight and round trip from MIA is only around $257 dollars

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
747, with my health plan, I'm not too worried. My co-pay is $15 per visit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Glasshousebltr said:
On a good day, with my pecker in my pocket, instead of under my boot, I can hand nail 3 SQ an hour, but I can't keep up that pace all day.

Thats also one man feeding me shingles and the roof has to be stacked, I lay them too quick for a ladder man to keep up.

Bob
So maybe I can't work circles around you :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts