Space Mining
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking for a friend.

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
67,201 Posts
I don't know. My basement is 14x32 and averages 6.5 ft.

Looks like I can store 21783.27 gallons in there. But it will probably ruin my boiler and water heater... 😝

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sent the guys to chop up a couple tanks today. I know it was supposed to be my job... The tank came back - it had been beautiful! A recent model 330 gal queen. I will weld her back together.

Reactions: hdavis

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
67,201 Posts
0 - 99 gallons$5.1990 / gallon
100 - 149 gallons$4.1990 / gallon
150 - 349 gallons$4.1490 / gallon
350 - 674 gallons$4.0990 / gallon
675+ gallons$4.0490 / gallon

·
Registered
315 Posts
At some point , won't even internal oil tanks require diaper catch basins like all new liquid chemical storage?

I assume internal tanks started to reduce theft by neighbors and pro thieves....

·
Registered
Remodel
35,588 Posts
Oil was the way to go many years ago & everyone basically had that installed - costs money to convert so they stick with oil till they have to change out. Some also just like it, so even when swapping out they stay with it
There are definite safety differences as well.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
There are no NG lines within miles of my house, propane much more expensive than oil here and really jumped up when oil went up. Many people feel propane is much more dangerous because its heavier than air unlike natural gas. Many dont trust either gas.

Quite a few have electric heat and pay crazy high bills
I would say 60-70% heat with wood or wood pellets, people are stocking up now with both.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This house started with oil, always smelled like it. Switched to propane and never looked back. In actuality though heat pump does heating much of the season.
I pulled the tank out whole and traded it to a guy who did body work on my car ;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts