Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

how many calls a day do you get from your website?

6K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  JBM 
#1 ·
I am on my 3rd version of my website...im a plumber

my first one was from a relative for $500..it was horrible...rarely got a call
2nd one was with a pro for $2,500....I get 1 or 2 jobs a month from it

my latest version is $6,000....I have 20 pages...I consider that I went all out....its just went live last Friday....ive already got 1 call/job from it this past weekend

I know it matters where you are in search engines and im going to be putting more effort into it weekly

my question for all you Plumbers/Electricians/HVAC guys....how many calls a day does your website bring you???

ive always thought the potential was up to 10 calls a day...but since I get 1-2 a month maybe im being overly optimistic at my future possibilities

thanks

#2 ·
Well its decent enough, the content is good. It has some onpage issues, the blog is isolated from the site, there is no interlinking , page titles are a mess, ect.

If someone used 2012 for a 6k site I would hop on a plane and punch them in the face.

Not that there is anything wrong with 2012, its just the point.

But it is a good site, tell your webguy the onpage is not optimized correctly, you would like a contact form below the phone number, the footer is quite nice but the services should be in a drop down menu as well as the build and remodel section, put it in the drop down menu. Add your location in the footer on every page, you have no social media icons anywhere, put them in the footer, there is a review widget that can be rolled on the sidebar as well if you want them on the front page in a little box.

In answer to your question I get 30 a week on average in season.

#4 ·
what would social media icons do for me?

how much time do you spend a week to keep it optimized to get that 30 calls a week?
Icons would be important for people to goto Facebook and see if you are a real company, if you have people bitching and how you handle it. I would hire someone to do social media management, its under a couple hundred a month or there a bouts.

I dont spend much time on it now really, maybe 5 hours a week. But ive spent a hundreds up to now.

You have good cash flo. Hire one of the regulars here to do some seo for you, develop some blog content and promote it.

#5 ·
Are you a plumber or remodeling contractor? I see you offer remodeling services also. This might confuse some of your visitors. You might want to think about re-branding your company, or separating them entirely.

The site looks professionally done. Make the logo in the header smaller, because it's overwhelming and distracting.

I'd also add a contact form on every page, and remove the CAPTCHA from the contact form entirely (I hate those things)

Very nice site. Now you've got to build relevant backlinks, through blogging, directories, social media, etc.....

#12 ·
a local LARGE website builder wanted $18,000 for the same thing + $500 a month to run my campaign

I got 5 quotes and $6,000 was one of the lower ones.....another was $9,000

you get what you pay for and since I know the potential value of a good website I didn't want to skimp this time....couldn't justify the $18k one though

thanks everyone for the info so far....so I know realistically I can get 10-30 calls a week from my website....its about what I would have guessed....now hopefully within a year I can achieve that goal....it would mean id be able to hire someone just to do service work(which is my intention with my new website)

#15 ·
This is who made his site, and it says on this page a 10 page site is 2500. Why did you pay 6k?

http://www.pixelmagicdesign.com/pricing.html

Adding an additional page to your site is as simple as properly formatting the images and text. Its not like there are distinctive graphics on each property or whatever. and its not like it caused any additional on page seo work, because there is none. I could see it being $150 for an additional page if the person was expensive. That would bring you up to 4k I suppose, still a bit much but its in the realm of reality anyhow.

But none of that matters really, even 10k would be acceptable if and only if it made your phone ring. You have massive holes in your system right now, more then can be just jotted down here that you need to get in order.

#21 ·
Your web designer should have set you up with Google Analytics so you know how many visitors are coming to your site overall. I think this matters less than how many people take action and call you or email you.

We average about 15 per week through our site.

#23 ·
website is still being completed...SEO will be started in a few weeks after we see where were at....I am setup to analyze

sounds like 10-30 calls a week is where my possibilities are....its very exciting to think about....since right now its 1 or less a week

#33 ·
Houzz isn't a flash in the pan. I've been using it as a means to have customers collect ideas to send me without having to understand email for four years. Pinterest is much newer and less focused for my purposes.

Houzz can certainly be used well by contractors to collaborate and show off portfolio shots. I plan on filling out my profile and uploading projects when I get to a slower window. That window is looking to be about a year away at this rate, but I'm not complaining.

#34 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.