Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

How hot was it today for you?

8K views 89 replies 47 participants last post by  Higgs 
#1 ·
today w/ heat index was 107. SOOOOOOOOO hot. A radio station when on weather channel and looked around the world trying to find a hotter place. They found 1. Death Valley @ 110 deg F. :blink:

#5 ·
A blistering 68 with all those heat forming clouds.

#7 ·
I thought about quitting at noon, but kept on till 5:30. I was working in the shadows today.. I got on the roof and burnt.. LITERALLY burnt the palm of my hand. I have came to the conclusion that roofers are the toughest men alive. I worked out in the sun for ~10 min then decided to go back to the shade. I had a glass full of ice water right before I was working in the sun, I stopped to move stuff and got the glass.. the water was then warm :eek: ALL the ice (full glass) was gone

#11 ·
I thought about quitting at noon, but kept on till 5:30. I was working in the shadows today.. I got on the roof and burnt.. LITERALLY burnt the palm of my hand. I have came to the conclusion that roofers are the toughest men alive. I worked out in the sun for ~10 min then decided to go back to the shade. I had a glass full of ice water right before I was working in the sun, I stopped to move stuff and got the glass.. the water was then warm :eek: ALL the ice (full glass) was gone
Had to quit at 1:30. Felt like I had put in 16 hours.

#21 ·
I'd take this over the heat. Just makes it tough for exterior installs. I wish it would make up its mine, rain or don't rain. You can be cloudy all you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.