Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,622 Posts
A blistering 68 with all those heat forming clouds.

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about quitting at noon, but kept on till 5:30. I was working in the shadows today.. I got on the roof and burnt.. LITERALLY burnt the palm of my hand. I have came to the conclusion that roofers are the toughest men alive. I worked out in the sun for ~10 min then decided to go back to the shade. I had a glass full of ice water right before I was working in the sun, I stopped to move stuff and got the glass.. the water was then warm :eek: ALL the ice (full glass) was gone

·
Registered
581 Posts
We got to 99 w/o no stinkin' heat index..... :thumbsup: gonna be 100 tomorrow and 101 Thursday! Man, I don't miss working in the field during weeks like this!

·
Pro
670 Posts
It only got into the low 80's here but I was in the shop with the fans on so I would not have noticed if it had been hotter. Don't think I could deal with temps close to or over 100, especially with the humidity we have.

Bill

·
Banned
397 Posts
I thought about quitting at noon, but kept on till 5:30. I was working in the shadows today.. I got on the roof and burnt.. LITERALLY burnt the palm of my hand. I have came to the conclusion that roofers are the toughest men alive. I worked out in the sun for ~10 min then decided to go back to the shade. I had a glass full of ice water right before I was working in the sun, I stopped to move stuff and got the glass.. the water was then warm :eek: ALL the ice (full glass) was gone
Had to quit at 1:30. Felt like I had put in 16 hours.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
74° and sunny in SoCal.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts